What Do I Need To Stay In The Philippines For The Very First Time?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
First, I will buy two tickets. One I am going to use to get to Manila and the second is the cheapest I could find but OUT of Philis. Now should the date on the throw away be within 21 days? Or?

The entry is now 30 days so I would get it within that time frame to avoid any additional problem.

Second, I intend to get a place in Philis to stay at. However, since I don't have a certain address yes, what should I tell the Balikbayan shipper of where to ship it to? Would they accept the change destination once I am there and know where I am? Can I say, just give them any hotel address then change it??

I don't think you can change the address once it's shipped. It's at sea. I certainly wouldn't want to try it. 

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

Thanks MikeB!

Ok for #1

for # 2 thu, I called Forex and they said it's fine. Just a matter of calling their office in Philis and change the delivery since you can track it on the web?

However, I'd agree with you 100%. Any change and these people will get messed up! I will try to get a perm address before I leave to send the BB to but if I can't well, I will take a change I guess? Any other choice??

Al.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I will try to get a perm address before I leave to send the BB to but if I can't well, I will take a change I guess? Any other choice??

If you include the city where you need it shipped perhaps someone can offer a suggestion.

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

You are right MikeB. One should never assume :)

It should be going to Davao City.

Now I have to find a reliable (and cheap) VPN service. Gotta have Pandora there you know :)

Al.

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

One comment to the OP just in case it is not obvious (it was not to me when I first started researching moving to PI).

The "Throwaway Ticket" can be from ANY location in PI to ANY location outside PI. It does NOT have to start at the location where you first entered PI

Dave

• Like 1