From A Newbie

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hey Frosty,

Thanks to the newer members, this topic is being bumped for a polite reminder about how to start

living like a local rather than a tourist.  You seem to have all your ducks in a row -- I especially like

your suggestions about making friends and the mutual trust of your closest friend.  You never know

when chit hits the fan, your friendly barrio tricycle driver will come and save the day.  

Would love to hear your follow ups sir.......respectfully -- Jake 

Thanks again Jake, Lucky for me 3 of the friends just happen to own the local sari-sari, she being a retired lawyer, he a retired high court judge and the daughter a ships officer, they have taken me under there wing I suppose, treat me like family, truly wonderful people, I know if I ever need assistance of any kind I can count on them. You take care amigo, hope to buy you a SML one day, my wally grout?

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Frosty,

Thanks to the newer members, this topic is being bumped for a polite reminder about how to start

living like a local rather than a tourist.  You seem to have all your ducks in a row -- I especially like

your suggestions about making friends and the mutual trust of your closest friend.  You never know

when chit hits the fan, your friendly barrio tricycle driver will come and save the day.  

Thanks again Jake, Lucky for me 3 of the friends just happen to own the local sari-sari, she being a retired lawyer, he a retired high court judge and the daughter a ships officer, they have taken me under there wing I suppose, treat me like family, truly wonderful people, I know if I ever need assistance of any kind I can count on them. You take care amigo, hope to buy you a SML one day, my wally grout?

When I made plans to move I wasn't a 100% sure if it would work for me but now I am here I have never been so happy, I have a lovely young companion, sweet as apple pie, new friends that I treasure, a country full of lovely happy people. If and when you come here, just leave all your problems at the airport because you will be in for an experience that you could never even imagine, I know some on here will mock me, but for me the Phils really is paradise, JMHO

Your quote above taken from post #21 -- in spite of all the anxieties and uncertainties, seems like you're finally

in a kickin' back phase, with your feet up, cold beer and a hot woman as your daily routine.  I would love to kick

back with ya mate.....but I need a refresher course on your Australian English.  Perhaps I should get really pissed,

so that I could slobber my lips loosely because that is how you guys sound like.....he, he.  By the way, try out the

Forum's Kangaroo Slang Quiz.  Back at you mate, first round on me!

You know it's just joke lang, my friend.  Like you I have spent many hours at my local sari-sari store.  It's central

station for all the latest tsismis (gossips), buying cold beer and cheap cigarettes.  It's also a great opportunity to

get to know your village or barrio by meeting new friends for life.  Give out LED mini flashlights to the barangay

tanods and a nice bottle of Crown Royal to the barangay captain -- this I have done many times.  It's back to the

basics by living in a village, where I scratch your back and you scratch mine.......  

Respectfully -- Jake 

• Like 1

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Good post for me to read, Tks Frosty, maybe one day I might follow in your footsteps!

Couple of quick questions, PM me your answer if you don't wanna share here ...Where in Aus are you from, how old are you?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good post for me to read, Tks Frosty, maybe one day I might follow in your footsteps!

Couple of quick questions, PM me your answer if you don't wanna share here ...Where in Aus are you from, how old are you?

Glad you liked it Paul, I am 63, going on 19, at least my daughter here says so, drank her under the table more than once and she is only 21 no staying power these youngen's, From Perth, born in Sydney.

P.S. The G/F is 26, super gorgeous, a real stunner, lucky I found her. Has an even better looking younger sister

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Frosty,

When I made plans to move I wasn't a 100% sure if it would work for me but now I am here I have never been so happy, I have a lovely young companion, sweet as apple pie, new friends that I treasure, a country full of lovely happy people. If and when you come here, just leave all your problems at the airport because you will be in for an experience that you could never even imagine, I know some on here will mock me, but for me the Phils really is paradise, JMHO

Your quote above taken from post #21 -- in spite of all the anxieties and uncertainties, seems like you're finally

in a kickin' back phase, with your feet up, cold beer and a hot woman as your daily routine.  I would love to kick

back with ya mate.....but I need a refresher course on your Australian English.  Perhaps I should get really pissed,

so that I could slobber my lips loosely because that is how you guys sound like.....he, he.  By the way, try out the

You know it's just joke lang, my friend.  Like you I have spent many hours at my local sari-sari store.  It's central

station for all the latest tsismis (gossips), buying cold beer and cheap cigarettes.  It's also a great opportunity to

get to know your village or barrio by meeting new friends for life.  Give out LED mini flashlights to the barangay

tanods and a nice bottle of Crown Royal to the barangay captain -- this I have done many times.  It's back to the

basics by living in a village, where I scratch your back and you scratch mine.......  

Respectfully -- Jake 

Hey Frosty,

Respectfully -- Jake 

My amigo, park the bus, pull up a chair and we will sink a few neck oil of the gods, my door is always open and I will teach you the proper way to talk :cheersty:

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

BlancoDiablo
Posted
Posted

Look forward to more of your updates.