Where To Go? Bacolod. Laguna. Tagatay

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Negros island (=where Bacolod is) has the disadvantage it has no Immigration office, which handle all, but perhaps that's no problem when having SRRV?

Inland lakes are nice, but Bacolod has more nice nature around, which are not "polluted" by to many people  :)

Rent will be less money in Bacolod but there is nothing there to do.
There are MUCH to do ANYWHERE. (E g table tennis, music, billiard, chess, sailing, genealogy, canoeing, learn local culture and language...) If anyone is short of hobbies, I can give you some   :)   I have more than I have time to do even if I would do hobbies ful time. It's similar for my retired father. He said he don't understand how he managed to have time back when he worked still  :)

.. but then we enjoy the simple life and can make our own fun .... in other words we don't need to be entertained

Would you be referring to computer games?

That's fun also   :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

Due to the Filipino culture and their way of thinking its very often better to live far away from the family.

My wife and I live on Cebu and her family lives in Mindanao. We have been making a trip to Mindanao once a year to visit her family and friends and once or twice a year we will choose a few family members who we pay their transportation to visit us for 2 to 4 weeks when the children are out of school for summer break. Being far away we have our privacy and we choose who comes to visit us. If we lived in Mindanao close enough to where family members could come to our home without an invitation then it would cause a problem because a liar, thief or scammer is not welcome in our home and will not be allowed to enter our front door. Being far away also prevents family members from making regular visits to your home asking for money to pay for all of their emergencies which may be real or fake, or asking to borrow money which they will never pay back. And, you won't be expected to sponsor every Birthday party, graduation, fiesta, etc.

Her family may be wonderful people but always remember it only takes a few people to make your life miserable.  Live close to her family and friends for a while before you decide to live there permanently.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
There are MUCH to do ANYWHERE. (E g table tennis, music, billiard, chess, sailing, genealogy, canoeing, learn local culture and language...) If anyone is short of hobbies, I can give you some     I have more than I have time to do even if I would do hobbies ful time.

It should be things that she can do with you, not just you. Genealogy, the family tree here is more like an English ivy. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are MUCH to do ANYWHERE. (E g table tennis, music, billiard, chess, sailing, genealogy, canoeing, learn local culture and language...) If anyone is short of hobbies, I can give you some     I have more than I have time to do even if I would do hobbies ful time.

It should be things that she can do with you, not just you. Genealogy, the family tree here is more like an English ivy. 

Hahahahahaha, jpbago, that made me snort my mouthful of coffee I laughed so hard!  Some would say poison ivy...

Edited by BrettGC

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It should be things that she can do with you, not just you.

Well. It can be better to not be together all the time  :)  

(We will be together much anyway, because I will involve my wife some in handling the business too. (Assistant > Vice general manager  > General manager  the higher the more she learn and the more I retire  :) 

Genealogy, the family tree here is more like an English ivy.
  :)    Well. 100-150 years back it was similar in our home countries too. And concerning aristocrats and royals they often married (second) cousins and such.

Concerning genealogy all Europeans (and by that all the Americans with European ancestors too) have some royal ancestors, because some royals married aristocrats and many of the aristocrats made some maid pregnant  :)    The hard part is to find that connection to the closest aristocrat. The rest is only much work. By one such pregnant maid connection I can claim the throne by blood related ancestor royals in almost all European countries  :mocking:

beegee
Posted
Posted

.. but then we enjoy the simple life and can make our own fun .... in other words we don't need to be entertained

Would you be referring to computer games?

Ok, thanks all for your replies, plenty to think about and I've decided that I'll start off in Bacolod (taking plenty of board games and books), rent for a year and see what happens. I now want to get there sooner rather than later, if anyone knows of a reliable property agent please let me know.

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

It is better to deal with the homeowner directly and ask your wife to ask her for discount or cheaper rent. Filipino to filipino thing they do that just do not show up so you do not get skin tax

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
The Negros island (=where Bacolod is) has the disadvantage it has no Immigration office, which handle all,

Hate to burst your bubble but the only BI offices that offer ALL immigration services are ..... Manila .... Cebu and Davao ..... and while you must go to Iloilo to handle some BI services it is only a 1 hour boat ride from Bacolod City ..... hopefully if they get their swipe machine this year or next that problem will be eliminated .... 

:hystery: 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Negros island (=where Bacolod is) has the disadvantage it has no Immigration office, which handle all,

Hate to burst your bubble but the only BI offices that offer ALL immigration services are ..... Manila .... Cebu and Davao ..... and while you must go to Iloilo to handle some BI services it is only a 1 hour boat ride from Bacolod City ..... hopefully if they get their swipe machine this year or next that problem will be eliminated .... 

:hystery:

You didn't burst my bubble, you blew it up a bit  :)   because I didn't knew Davao do all.

I did wrote like that, because the topic question was Bacolod or Laguna/Tagaytay and in THAT comparing Bacolod have that disadvatage.

Plus I wrote it to remind official readers, if there are any, it's missing because my favorite settling region for the moment is somewhere in (South) Negros, but I realy dislike if I will have to go to an other island to handle VISA, so I hope they solve it before I move   :)

• Like 1