Jet Lag Rehab

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I've found that drinking lots of water and exercise is the best way to adjust your body AFTER you reach your destination.

Excellent info from Mike! Many people on the industry will also recommend a couple large doses of a multi-B vitamin and Curcumin - a natural substance from tumeric that is sometimes referred to as the "happy pill".

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Heres what works for me I stay awke as long as I can before the long boring trip 

Once on board let the drinking start get a good buzz going and sleep at least half the flight 

I,m all about staying at a cheap hotel because i,m not there unless I,m sleeping BUT

Recovering from jet lag I need a nice soft bed and good air con as well as silence 

Try to get on local time asap  sleep at your new night 

This hotel is a pretty well kept secret still and has half price rooms most times if you ask or book ahead 

http://www.st-markhotel.com/

close to uptown and all the action  and its a really nice room with all the stuff you would see in a western hotel eg: iron, stocked fridge ,hair drier ,tooth brush ,etc

Every time I stay there i feel like I,m in a different country :)  I never heard a single rooster and great beds 

• Like 1

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Wow Frosty! How long have you been there? Turning Filipino already?  :lol: I would gladly buy you a beer. How many in your family will you be bringing?  :hystery:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Wow Frosty! How long have you been there? Turning Filipino already?  :lol: I would gladly buy you a beer. How many in your family will you be bringing?  :hystery:

Is cheap for you, only me, sml light 45 pesos, I usually get through about 6-8 in a sitting, no food required

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

The most comfortable hotel i have ever stayed in - Dulcinea Suites, a short taxi ride from the airport. 2k per night. Ask for an ocean side room if possible, but double glazing and set back from the road means that both sides are good. Memory foam mattress is incredible! Huge room, silent air con. Stunning high quality finish throughout the room.  

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Jeff, I stay at express inn, mactan, 10 mins from the airport, 1100 pesos a night with breakfast, b/fast is ok but if you are a big eater get 2, small hotel, bit out of the way, staff are great, rooms clean, always have driver/ hire cars there, 20 pesos tric ride to Le Neavau supermarket 

I stayed there. I didn't like it honestly. Small rooms and no natural light (window).  Clean enough, but the breakfast area was noisy and not relaxing, nor was the breakfast much good really.

Also the location sucks, not much within walking distance :)

But apart from, that, it's great! LOL. If you have to be near the airport, and on a budget, stay at the pension house near gaisano island mall (the northern mall). Some rooms come in below 1,000, and walking distance to the mall ! ;)

Edited by sandwichmaker

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff, I stay at express inn, mactan, 10 mins from the airport, 1100 pesos a night with breakfast, b/fast is ok but if you are a big eater get 2, small hotel, bit out of the way, staff are great, rooms clean, always have driver/ hire cars there, 20 pesos tric ride to Le Neavau supermarket 

I stayed there. I didn't like it honestly. Small rooms and no natural light (window).  Clean enough, but the breakfast area was noisy and not relaxing, nor was the breakfast much good really.

Also the location sucks, not much within walking distance :)

But apart from, that, it's great! LOL. If you have to be near the airport, and on a budget, stay at the pension house near gaisano island mall (the northern mall). Some rooms come in below 1,000, and walking distance to the mall ! ;)

Well if you looked up at the front of the hotel, there are these things called glass in aluminum frames, window they are called I think, they even open from the inside, but hey what do I know, you seem to be the resident expert here, so I will just f$uk off and what bother posting any more, bye