Vpn Service

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I would like to find one that is not US based (but has US available tunnel). I am trying out a couple from the Netherlands right now. I can deal with the limitations while I decide which is good enough to pay for...

I read the reviews of HotSpot free accounts and a major complaint was the spammy ads.

Could you answer my questions in one of the above posts? I would like to find the reason that you can not post.  :cheersty:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyway... my connection is weird here.  I cannot access this forum, or any Wordpress site unless I use a VPN.  So I am looking for a good VPN service - free would nice.  Funny thing with this forum - I can access and view but not post.  When I load with thru a VPN - I can post.  I don't pretend to understand at all.

Can you tell me what happens when you say you can not post, what does it say or do?

Are you using any ad blocking programs?

I am running a Windows 7 box, Firefox with the AdBlock addon - but IE and Chrome with no addons won't post either.  When I try to post I type my comment, hit the post button, and it says "saving post" and the black box with alternating white/gray boxes on top of the screen comes up.  Then it just goes back to the regular reply screen like nothing happened.  But I can login, view, and write comments... just not post.

The only other pages that give me problems are WordPress pages.  On a wordpress.com site it won't load the pages at all. On a self hosted wordpress page it will usually load but the comment section has a failure to load box. 

Been going on the entire year I have over here but it is not really a problem because any VPN gets it to works.

~Edit~  Well that was interesting... CyberGhost connected to Germany won't post.  I switched over to SecurityKiss and it posted no problem.  I should have wrote down the weird message on the screen with CyberGohost.... never seen it before ha ha    :tiphat:

Edited by Tuka Ram

jon1
Posted
Posted

I use HideMyAss.com.  Works okay, but it does take a toll on your internet speed so you need a fast connection on the Philippine side if you want to stream video, etc.

I use the same. It's around $70/year. I use it mostly when I have to access web sites from a US IP (Paypal, etc.).

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am running a Windows 7 box, Firefox with the AdBlock addon - but IE and Chrome with no addons won't post either.  When I try to post I type my comment, hit the post button, and it says "saving post" and the black box with alternating white/gray boxes on top of the screen comes up.  Then it just goes back to the regular reply screen like nothing happened.  But I can login, view, and write comments... just not post.   The only other pages that give me problems are WordPress pages.  On a wordpress.com site it won't load the pages at all. On a self hosted wordpress page it will usually load but the comment section has a failure to load box.    Been going on the entire year I have over here but it is not really a problem because any VPN gets it to works.   ~Edit~  Well that was interesting... CyberGhost connected to Germany won't post.  I switched over to SecurityKiss and it posted no problem.  I should have wrote down the weird message on the screen with CyberGohost.... never seen it before ha ha   

Do you have flash, http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Do you allow cookies?

Do you have the latest java installed?

Not sure about the VPN but I'm leaning towards too slow of a connection. Forums and wordpress are heavy on bandwidth.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am running a Windows 7 box, Firefox with the AdBlock addon - but IE and Chrome with no addons won't post either.  When I try to post I type my comment, hit the post button, and it says "saving post" and the black box with alternating white/gray boxes on top of the screen comes up.  Then it just goes back to the regular reply screen like nothing happened.  But I can login, view, and write comments... just not post.   The only other pages that give me problems are WordPress pages.  On a wordpress.com site it won't load the pages at all. On a self hosted wordpress page it will usually load but the comment section has a failure to load box.    Been going on the entire year I have over here but it is not really a problem because any VPN gets it to works.   ~Edit~  Well that was interesting... CyberGhost connected to Germany won't post.  I switched over to SecurityKiss and it posted no problem.  I should have wrote down the weird message on the screen with CyberGohost.... never seen it before ha ha   

Do you have flash, http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  Yes

Do you allow cookies?   Yes

Do you have the latest java installed?   Yes

Not sure about the VPN but I'm leaning towards too slow of a connection. Forums and wordpress are heavy on bandwidth.

It is weird but was happening at the net cafes and at home.  So, no worries.  I need a VPN for Netflix anyway  :tiphat:

earthdome
Posted
Posted
It is weird but was happening at the net cafes and at home.  So, no worries.  I need a VPN for Netflix anyway 

Makes me wonder if your posting problems are related to some kind of malware interacting with your web browser.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It is weird but was happening at the net cafes and at home.  So, no worries.  I need a VPN for Netflix anyway 

Makes me wonder if your posting problems are related to some kind of malware interacting with your web browser.

If it happens in a net cafe and assume he is using the cafes computer then it should not be a browser issue.

Anyway I have been asking for help to solve this from the forum software support forum and this reply came up, might be worth a try................................

Tell your member to use the full editor ("More Reply Options"). That form doesn't submit the post via AJAX, which may be what's causing the issue, and he'll get a proper error. If an error occur on the AJAX transmission, it's usually silenced.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Doesn't make sense if it happens on different computers, different networks. I wonder if the cafe is also using globe? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wonder if the cafe is also using globe? 

If it is and if Globe is the problem then why don't we hear of more members having problems. No one is to rest until this is solved, ye all hear now.  :attention:

• 2 weeks later...
Alby
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tuka Ram,

I am not sure if this got resolved or not, but it might be the same thing I had experience and fixed.

I used several VPNs and some of them, Hotshield (?), do change your browser's Proxy settings which might give you errors like '500 page not found' or many others. The browser would just act weird when I had VPN and whenever I removed Proxy setting from my browser it worked!?

On Chrome  browser... Here is what I do:

Click on 'Settings>Advanced Settings..>:Network/Change my proxy settings.../"Connections" Tab>LAN Settings>Click OK on "Automatically detect settings"

Restart your browser and try it.

I always worked for me!

Mind you, the VPN might get affected but I haven't tried that yet. I was only testing things.

I am sure it's same for Firefox and others.. If needed, I can tell how ..

Edited by Alby