An Estranged Foreign Husband.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

if anyone has any solution or valid advice I'd be eternally grateful.

Bottom line, you don't know this person or the situation. You may think you do but you don't. Stay out of it.

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

SEND NO MONEY.

Possible scam here.

Move on.

Plenty of others.

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Better to meet her in person and get to know the real her before you spend any more time on the whole deal.

The internet fantasy and reality are far apart most times 

A couple eg:  She can,t speak englisha nd her sister is the one typeing for her 

Shes a ladyboy 

shes married to a pino 

she has 10 guys on the internet 

I have seen all these options play out many times if fact more times than I care to admit

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

In order of what I would favor, find someone else, if you can't bring yourself to it, cohabitate, Get her a passport, could be a huge hassle and you both go someplace else where cohabitating isn't a crime / will give a divorce for the asking, physical and emotonal abandonement should be sufficient grounds in most countries. 4 years? Too bad you can't just have him declared dead. Seriously, read the threads on getting a filipina a passport, it can be a horror story. I do wish you luck. :)

alanmaler
Posted
Posted

Well of course I'll have to visit her. And I'll be doing that soon. Then we'll be able to look at the whole situation together.

Please don't think I'm just a naive fool guys, I've been around the block more than once, and I for sure know when and if something or someone is not sting straight. I'm 49 and she is 45. We have exchanged so much correspondence and I know her to be a genuine person with genuine feelings. She just happens to be in a tricky situation. Yes some things you can just walk away from without a second thought, but some things you just can't. And if you guys knew what we had going on, then you wouldn't be advising me to offhandedly just walk away.

But I'm very grateful for the advice and for the support. We'll just have to let it play out and see how far I get with the authorities and with her ex.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brock
Posted
Posted

My Advice would be, That if you love her, Get her out of the country, Go live somewhere else, No need to stay in the Philippines.

alanmaler
Posted
Posted

Well of course we don't plan to stay in the Philippines, as soon as we can get her out of there the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well of course we don't plan to stay in the Philippines, as soon as we can get her out of there the better.

Oh! THEN it can be solved by divorce abroad, although the divorce will not be valid in Philippines.

WARNING!  Other mensioned it a bit. In Phils it's a CRIME to live with a separated woman, so look up with that.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You haven't even met her but you plan to "rescue" her from the Philippines. You really need to take a step back and think about what you're doing. That's the last advice from me. Good luck.

• Like 1

alanmaler
Posted
Posted

I just read another post about visa. As she is married to this Italian guy she must have the right to visit Italy. If she visits Italy as the spouse of an Italian citizen then surely she can file for divorce on the grounds of estrangement, or even death. Who knows he may well be dead. If not then he will have to come forward.

I have absolutely no plans to move to PH so by rights it shouldn't be an issue what they think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk