Long Stay In Philippines - How To?

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
To clarify a bit, the business type is a restaurant! Part of food preparations will be made from the family house where I'm staying and will be delivered at the restaurant! Example: Washing potatoes freshly harvested from the family fields.

Some hard for officials then, if you don't have work permit and they caught you in action, to know if you work for the restaurant or your own household  :)

BUT LOOK UP with what you work with anyway. I suppouse foreigners are NOT allowed to do either simple restaurant work or harvest vegs.  But I suppouse it's allowed to superwise, or if you have skills they don't have, but still needing work permit then.

But it's a good thing with the work permit rule, if you want to be lazy, you can blame the law  :)

Anyway - I recomend geting work permit.

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

Carabao
Posted
Posted (edited)
But it's a good thing with the work permit rule, if you want to be lazy, you can blame the law :) Anyway - I recomend geting work permit.

Absolutely Thomas!

I'm not planning to go there and risk my stay!

When I'll get the proper visa after the wedding, it will be the time I enter in the action!

Before that, will be kind of lazy! :yes:

Edited by Carabao

Thomas
Posted
Posted

But it's a good thing with the work permit rule, if you want to be lazy, you can blame the law :) Anyway - I recomend geting work permit.

Absolutely Thomas!

I'm not planning to go there and risk my stay!

When I'll get the proper visa after the wedding, it will be the time I enter in the action!

Before that, will be kind of lazy! :yes:

Well. It can be good to start the actions earlier, so preparings are ready then   :)    It's risk some things can take long time.

In my case I include the work permit rules, when I decide which business idea and company structure to chose.

Carabao
Posted
Posted
Well. It can be good to start the actions earlier, so preparings are ready then :) It's risk some things can take long time. In my case I include the work permit rules, when I decide which business idea and company structure to chose.

I agreed with You Thomas but in my case for now, I don't know all the rules and that's why I'm on here to learn and have opinions.

When the project will be ready and start the business, I'll be settled in a safe and legal way.

I will look about the working permit regulations and requirements!

Don't know much about it!

robert k
Posted
Posted

Rules change everywhere frequently, the tax laws in the US are a good example. The Philippines seems to not only have frequent rule changes along with selective enforcement so what was fine last year is not, this year. I would like to put some leg shackles on these rules to slow them down so it would be easier to keep track of them! :no:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I know exactly what a Marriage in the RP involve and that's fine with me! If I calculate the fees to pay

( flight tickets, visas for the whole family etc. )

if I get married outside the RP I think it will be more expansive.

actual marriage outside the RP( to have the marriage registered there not here)

, just an ceremony here and a repeating of the vows.  this way you save$$

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well. It can be good to start the actions earlier, so preparings are ready then :) It's risk some things can take long time. In my case I include the work permit rules, when I decide which business idea and company structure to chose.

I agreed with You Thomas but in my case for now, I don't know all the rules and that's why I'm on here to learn and have opinions.

When the project will be ready and start the business, I'll be settled in a safe and legal way.

I will look about the working permit regulations and requirements!

Don't know much about it!

I ment that = Start researching and planning. Then start the process as soon as possible, E g the DOCUMENTS can be started much earlier than you start the RESTUARANT physicaly.

Yes, it's complicated. E g when I asked for legal advice concerning Education business I got the answer;

-Foreigners are not allowed to be teacher*, but he can instruct (=teach) the teachers    :mocking:

*It's allowed when there are not enough Filipins with that knowledge and skill (as e g teaching English as having it as father's language.)             

(Depending of which I start) but probably I will need to (double) check things with lawyer.)

May I ask if your investment will be big or small (in your own messuare).

/IF it's small, then no problem put whole business on wife. The process can be much less complicated then too, making it in the simplest company type.

/IF it's biger: Several foreigners have put everything in wife's name (Real estate too)  - and being fooled of all...  :bash:   So I don't recomend such   :)  Although it's much easier with documents than a more complicated solution.  More complicated more "safe" alternatives;

1. A more complicated company type where you can ow max (40) % (depending of what the company is doing.)

2. "joint venture"  (I BELIEVE such process is "to much" for a small restaurant).

3. Whole COMPANY is hers, but the EQUIPMENT is yours and you lease it to her company.   (Depending of which business I will start, but this will probably be my solution for most cases. I will let my SWEDISH stationed company ow it.)  There can be DOCUMENTED LOANS from you to her business too.  It isn't sure such will be enough protection either  :)   but at least it make it harder for a scammer.

There are other alternatives where the foreigner can ow a biger percent than 40/whole, but that's not for restaurants.

Carabao
Posted
Posted
actual marriage outside the RP( to have the marriage registered there not here) , just an ceremony here and a repeating of the vows. this way you save$$

Can I know the main reason of your suggestion to have the marriage outside the RP?

Is it the cost of legal procedures to register the Marriage or the complication of a divorce?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Protects the spouse more than you.  She cannot be divorced if married in Fil.  She can not be divorced in Fil unless YOU file if married overseas.