Philippine Sex Education

alsuave
Posted
Posted

They actually teach family planning in university. My wife had to take it. It wasn't a bad class. I don't know why they wait until college though, they should teach that stuff in high school.

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Nesa and I had to sit through a sex lesson before we could get married,,,,I have 4 kids So I told the woman in charge i didnt think I needed a lesson, But she told me I had too sit through it all,  Their were pregnant women there too, other couples with their kids, We all had to sit there for 3 hours while she showed us sex education films and explain how the sex organs worked,,,,,I think they leave it a little bit late teaching this

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
It is only hurting women because why there indeed may be no divorce, do you think for a minute the guy who wants out sticks around cause he can't get a divorce? Hell no - but because there is no divorce, there is no way to make him pay his obligations for his family. So it is the women and children who suffer.
Yes, I agree fully to your main point.

But there is a law, which demand supporting relatives, but it don't seem to be implemented concerning such crap fathers!!!   :1 (103): :bash:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

It is only hurting women because why there indeed may be no divorce, do you think for a minute the guy who wants out sticks around cause he can't get a divorce? Hell no - but because there is no divorce, there is no way to make him pay his obligations for his family. So it is the women and children who suffer.

But there is a law, which demand supporting relatives, but it don't seem to be implemented concerning such crap fathers!!!   :1 (103): :bash:

Thomas,

Its not implemented because poor families don't have enough money to sue the father in court. In the USA tax dollars are paid to a Government Agency who tracks down and prosecutes the dead beat fathers. In the Philippines all of the financial responsibility is placed on the mother and her family.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

Its not implemented because poor families don't have enough money to sue the father in court. In the USA tax dollars are paid to a Government Agency who tracks down and prosecutes the dead beat fathers. In the Philippines all of the financial responsibility is placed on the mother and her family.

Yes. (Same in Sweden.)

But a good thing with such terrible behavoiur from (young) Pinoys, is we old responcible foreigners become extra popular :)

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

They actually teach family planning in university. My wife had to take it. It wasn't a bad class. I don't know why they wait until college though, they should teach that stuff in high school.

Even high school is too late to teach sex education and family planning for at least 2 reasons. Some kids never make it to high school. They drop out in elementary school or graduate elementary school but never attend high school. Another reason is a lot of girls get pregnant before they start high school. A good example is my wife's younger sister. When she was just 15 she had a fake marriage to a Filipino who was 27 years old. It was a big church wedding with family and friends all dressed up in costumes and officiated by a Preacher or Pastor. Everyone knew it wasn't a legal marriage but they went along with  her wishes anyway. Two months later her husband felt her and guess what? she was pregnant. Did he leave because she was pregnant or for another reason. I don't know but the point is she was pregnant at just 15 and with no husband. She only attended school until the 3rd grade of elementary school so High School Family Planning wouldn't have helped her.

Sex Education and Family Planning needs to start at home with the parents teaching them and then it needs to be taught in elementary school when the kids are old enough to understand and again when they are reaching puberty and then at least two times in high school. After seeing how soon they forget what they are taught in school maybe teaching them every year is the correct answer.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

It is the same with the other laws and crimes. There is no enforcement in the PI. It is up to the victim or family to file charges.

• Like 3

Miguk
Posted
Posted
It is the same with the other laws and crimes. There is no enforcement in the PI. It is up to the victim or family to file charges.

Yes that is really strange. The onus is on victim of crime to file charges....they even have to bring the witnesses themselves to the police.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Yes that is really strange. The onus is on victim of crime to file charges....they even have to bring the witnesses themselves to the police.

Also you have to pay and feed them all. Imagine having to pay a witness and not being charged with bribery. I read here about a foreigner convicted of a crime in PI implicated by a paid witness when in fact, the foreigner was not even in the country at the time that the crime was committed. Justice for all (if you pay first) Even the police ask for money from the victim to do an investigation.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Also you have to pay and feed them all. Imagine having to pay a witness and not being charged with bribery. I read here about a foreigner convicted of a crime in PI implicated by a paid witness when in fact, the foreigner was not even in the country at the time that the crime was committed. Justice for all (if you pay first) Even the police ask for money from the victim to do an investigation.

It has to be the most screwed up legal system in the world. Only people with plenty of money can hope to get justice. The poor need not apply.

• Like 4