Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab3 from the new Samsung shop at Ayala last week. They assured me that the USB was international, and that I would have no problem charging from my laptop.

Anyways....I am back in Australia and the damn thing will not charge from my laptop. Has anyone had similar problems with this device??

Cheers,

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I googled it, the short answer is the usb charge is not sufficient unless the tablet is turned off. Then it should charge, but slowly. Better to use a wall adapter.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I googled it, the short answer is the usb charge is not sufficient unless the tablet is turned off. Then it should charge, but slowly. Better to use a wall adapter.

Yep, I tried that. Still no use. :(

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We purchased a Samsung Galaxy tablet. The battery started giving us problems and the dealer asked us to take up the issue with the Samsung service center directly. The warranty had expired two months earlier and the new battery required sending the tablet to a center in Denver. Total cost including shipping charges was about $150.

The tablet is more like a novelty item and part of a consumer craze when Apple first introduced them. I read that many consumers are reverting back to laptops. My wife is keeping the tablet, but our most recent purchase is a Dell laptop. The two desktops will be shipped to Philippine Basic Needs in Catbalogan, Samar after the sale of our Honolulu condominium.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have not looked at the Samsung GT-3 and have no idea how the charging port is configured but it seems that so many things use the same port for charging and data and the things are darned delicate. If I did not have a service center within driving distance, I would try a phone repair place. I have even seen on Youtube where people were upgrading the batteries in their tabs. Like all tech these days, if it's not worth fixing, sell it for whatever you can get for it : (.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What size do you have... A 7, 8 or 10 inch? I have a 7 inch tab 3 and it charges from the charger, from laptop (3 different laptops) and from an emergency USB car charger.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

What size do you have... A 7, 8 or 10 inch? I have a 7 inch tab 3 and it charges from the charger, from laptop (3 different laptops) and from an emergency USB car charger.

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

I have the 7inch Tab3 2014 model.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'll save you a bit of confusion for later... Samsung hasn't released a 2014 version of the 7 inch yet... The 8 inch and the 10 inch? Yes! But not the 7 inch. And that is why there is a lot of confusion over what it can do. There is a lot that the 2 new models can do that the 7 inch can't.

I was lent the 8 and 10 inch models and given the 7 inch so I would write a review on them. Honestly? The 2 newer ones are better but still garbage. There are much better tablets out there. And the 7 inch I will be using as a book reader and making the occasional note with only. It is pure garbage. If you want to get a decent tablet for minor costs, look at the Nexus line - specifically the 7 inch. The 10 inch is still good though. And if you want a phone attached? Get the LTE version and stick a SIP or VOIP Phone on it. We Canadians are lucky as we can add on one called Fongo which gives us free calling back to just about anywhere in Canada. There are also a couple that work for the Philippines but it gets really confusing because of the SIM experience. Or, if you can live with a 5 inch screen, get a Nexus 5 and stick Fongo on it. You now have a small tablet with phone capabilities to the Philippines and a VOIP phone service to Canada for free. And it's not locked to any carrier. Bonus! Or get one of the ones from the major Philippine companies... I myself prefer the MyPhone.

Yeah, I know I'm off topic but not really. It appears Samsung doesn't care if these issues get fixed... They just want the big bucks. Do the only way to get past the issue is dump the Samsung and go with one that works!

Edited by I am bob

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I'll save you a bit of confusion for later... Samsung hasn't released a 2014 version of the 7 inch yet... The 8 inch and the 10 inch? Yes! But not the 7 inch. And that is why there is a lot of confusion over what it can do. There is a lot that the 2 new models can do that the 7 inch can't.

I was lent the 8 and 10 inch models and given the 7 inch so I would write a review on them. Honestly? The 2 newer ones are better but still garbage. There are much better tablets out there. And the 7 inch I will be using as a book reader and making the occasional note with only. It is pure garbage. If you want to get a decent tablet for minor costs, look at the Nexus line - specifically the 7 inch. The 10 inch is still good though. And if you want a phone attached? Get the LTE version and stick a SIP or VOIP Phone on it. We Canadians are lucky as we can add on one called Fongo which gives us free calling back to just about anywhere in Canada. There are also a couple that work for the Philippines but it gets really confusing because of the SIM experience. Or, if you can live with a 5 inch screen, get a Nexus 5 and stick Fongo on it. You now have a small tablet with phone capabilities to the Philippines and a VOIP phone service to Canada for free. And it's not locked to any carrier. Bonus! Or get one of the ones from the major Philippine companies... I myself prefer the MyPhone.

Yeah, I know I'm off topic but not really. It appears Samsung doesn't care if these issues get fixed... They just want the big bucks. Do the only way to get past the issue is dump the Samsung and go with one that works!

Wow..Nexus I would never have thought of that being a great tablet. I will look into them.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wow..Nexus I would never have thought of that being a great tablet. I will look into them.

I will admit... The Nexus isn't a great tablet but a very good tablet. When you throw in costs? Maybe a great tablet... Hehe! Anything that is with spending more for? There are the convertible tablets that comes with a dedicated though removable keyboard... Not Windows of course! :). Or Sony has a waterproof tablet... Smartphone too! But, like I said before, the Nexus 7 with a Bluetooth keyboard/case added on? All I really need for a tablet...

Now, if you really want to get serious about properly working hardware, it's hard to beat a MacBook... Unless it's a netbook running Ubuntu...! :)