Minutemaid Frozen Limeade Concentrate

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Anyone know where I can find MinuteMaid Frozen Limeade concentrate, in the Bacolod area?  It is essential for my frozen margaritas, and I would rather not experiment with other recipes if I knew it is already available somewhere.  Of course, the experiments might be fun.  :cheersty:

Thanks, y'all. 

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I tried calamansi to make margaritas  and its better than lime for me anyway give it a try 

http://casaveneracion.com/margarita-with-kalamansi-juice-and-simple-syrup/

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Anyone know where I can find MinuteMaid Frozen Limeade concentrate, in the Bacolod area?  It is essential for my frozen margaritas, and I would rather not experiment with other recipes if I knew it is already available somewhere.  Of course, the experiments might be fun.  :cheersty:

Thanks, y'all. 

Where do you find the triple sec in Bacolod? What do you use for sweetener? Thanks.

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Thanks, JP, I'll give the calamansi a try, we have a ton of them.  We found triple sec at Lopues in Mandalagan, of all places.  You could use Cointreau, too, but I've not yet looked for that.  Any decent 100% agave tequila will do.  I'll bet those S&Rs (Costco) have Limeade???   

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Duty Free:

Is it true that we can not bring duty free alcohol in to PI?

If we bring alcohol in our checked bags, could it be confiscated (not stolen)?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Duty Free:

Is it true that we can not bring duty free alcohol in to PI?

If we bring alcohol in our checked bags, could it be confiscated (not stolen)?

Duty-Free entry of personal effects by incoming travelers

Articles brought in by Filipinos and visitors alike, whether in accompanied or non-accompanied baggage arriving within reasonable time, consisting of used personal effects in non-commercial quantity are not subject to taxes and duties. Other duty-free items are wine and spirits not exceeding two bottles, tobacco and cigarettes not exceeding 200 sticks, cosmetics and perfumery not exceeding one bottle.

Returning Filipinos known as Balikbayan, those who have stayed abroad for more than a year, may in addition bring in duty-free used electric or electronic appliances, one of each kind.

Adult Passengers:
Two (2) reams of cigarette or two (2) tins of tobacco
Two (2) bottles of liquor or wine not exceeding one (1) liter per bottle

• Like 1

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

That's the beauty of the MinuteMaid - you dump the whole can, still frozen and not diluted into the blender, so it also sweetens, as well.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I tried calamansi to make margaritas and its better than lime for me anyway give it a try

My favorite citrus! I love it so much that I had 11 trees planted in our Marinduque property back in November. Even planted them on either side of the grill that I had built. When the time comes, I will be plucking those round juicy orbs and seasoning my meat as I grill.

If you're some place where you can't find triple sec or even tequila, a simple ginebra with calamansi juice is a great afternoon drink.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Thanks, y'all. 

Where do you find the triple sec in Bacolod? What do you use for sweetener? Thanks.

Use simple syrup to sweeten your drinks 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Years ago, I went to the town of Tequila, Mexico. The local drink there was 1 ounce tequila and 6 ounces orange soda, no ice.

There is a shortage of the blue agave cactus for the tequila so expect the price to go up. The local crop has switched to something else green. They have a tunnel all the way up to Colorado.

• Like 1