How Old Is To Old?

cattledog
Posted
Posted

I have Freind, who is thinking about retirment in the Phillipines, he is 64, has good retirment income 50 k USD, and pretty good health. He is however, concerned that 64, might be to old for such a challenge, opitions please.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Tell him to visit before he makes retirement plans. And join the forum.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have Freind, who is thinking about retirment in the Phillipines, he is 64, has good retirment income 50 k USD, and pretty good health. He is however, concerned that 64, might be to old for such a challenge, opitions please.

Why would 64 be to old to RETIRE somewhere???   Some are in that age and get married and get kids  :)

Of course some depending of health level, but much depending of own attitude.

(E g my grandfather married late, got kids, followed development and lived as the much younger, which he had no problem doing by he had very good health until he got hit by a car at age 85. He worked full time during high season until he was 85.)

But do as Mike says before deciding. The forum can advice him which places can suit him, if he tell what he like.

Richard Riley
Posted
Posted

I came here in 2012 at age 62 with far less income and I have no regrets. I agree that you should visit first and get a feel for the culture and people because it can be frustrating at times. Even though English is spoken here some have a hard time comprehending what you are trying to say. It helps that I met a wonderful lady to help me but I got a lot of information from this board before I settled here.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

He is however, concerned that 64, might be to old for such a challenge,

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :rolleyes: Tell your friend to read up, on some of the posts anywhere, one of the most used lines of any of the SEA Forums and or chat sites by the ladies is " Age is not important" or " Age does not matter"

Joining us on the forum will give him, the biggest boost and insight into the now defunct, thought ever, " life begins at 60, Not 40. At 40, as they used to say, you are still a Youngster "

Proof of the pudding, is having a good look at the Average age of our members. Many of us did this same things and most of us, are perfectly happy (In the main)

Those that are under 60, will still be here after, they are 60 and will still be chasing the younger ladies. :thumbsup:

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

You are too old when the grass roots are what you see when you wake up

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup:  LIFE! John Lennon once said, is what happens to you when, you are making other plans.

I still believe daily, what my signature says, is so very true.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not your age, its your health.  I know many people who have stayed here in Philippines when they got sick and eventually died happy here.  (As happy as anyone can be when they are dying.)  But none of them would have come here as noobs when they were terminally ill.  I do see some coming here that look like they are at death's door but I could not attest to their quality of life.

So here is Dave's Synopsis.  Age:  Come any time that your mind and body are willing.  Health:  Make sure you have 6 months or more to live and the money to pay the medical bills.

:cheers:

• Like 2

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

I think you're only as old as you think you are. I agree it's not your age but your health. I know people in their 40's that look and act like they're in their 70's. Then there are those in they're 70's & 80's with the health of a 40-50 year old. I'm 64 in good health for my age and will be living full time in the Philippines starting March 13.

• Like 3

Alby
Posted
Posted

Hehehe... He's not going to stop aging anywhere he goes? He's going to retire somewhere??

But...

Since the Philippines, like any where else, is not for everybody ... why not dip a finger in the waters first then see?

Try anything yourself first then you decide. You judge and no one else!