How Old Is To Old?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I do not recommend the Philippines if the following pertains to him... Can he walk a full stride or does he shuffle his feet ? How is his dental work? Does he have all his own teeth or...? Does he have a full head of hair or...? Face it! If he's still a toddler, he should be with his mom or dad! Ok, maybe through school too... But other than that? No age restrictions I can think of!!!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree with Dave it depends on his health not a number.

robert k
Posted
Posted

My friend who is 72 has been in Dumaguete for 5 weeks now and loves it. He is not in the best of health but he is leading a life he could not have in the US. He has a finacee in her thirties. Mostly I am jealous that he moved first and he missed all this winter cold here. I rarely hear from him more than every two weeks now because he is too busy actually leading a life rather than just existing and no longer has time for long BS sessions. :thumbsup:

I believe there are places in the RP with good if not great hospitals and services equal to the point you would not know you weren't in the US but it costs the same or more as living in the US. I can live in the US on $1,000 a month and have a huge infrastructure to draw upon. I would probably need to have $2,000 a month to live in a place with equal infrastructure in the RP at a rough guesstimate, because it costs more to live a first world life in a third world country, the major difference being that labor is cheap and you can probably afford house help, if you can find good employees.

I'm 48 have a bad back, been paralyzed before but it is not life threatening and I don't intend to let hospitals dictate where I live. If I am crushed in a car accident or have a major heart attack, I might very well die. I will have my ticker checked out before I move, take my vitamins, exercise and the rest there is damn all I can do about it besides become a low rent Howard Hughs, hiding from the world. I'd rather live 15 more years than exist for another 30 with converting food into poop being the major accomplishment. :)

What's the attraction? It's warm by my standards all the time and my back doesn't ache. Of course it does not hurt to be able to go for a moonlight swim at a black vocanic sand beach with my 26 year old fiancee. Or take a party of 9 to Mang Inasal for some barbecue and pick up the check for $30. I find the people mostly friendly, which is more than I can say about alot of places I've been.

Welcome to the forum and tell your friend to join!

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

Like others have said, you are old as you act. I have seen 70 year olds much sprier than 50 year olds. Those guys usually have a more positive outlook and live to it's fullest. 

I like the saying, "young wife keeps you young" or "the old carabao eats the young grass" :D

There are stressors that are different here but if you are prepared you will find it a much more relaxing place than in the US.

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

I haven't read any figures but I would guess that 64 is close to the average age of retires living in the Philippines.

The person's health and sense of adventure and willingness to change is more important than a number.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Like others have said, you are old as you act. I have seen 70 year olds much sprier than 50 year olds. Those guys usually have a more positive outlook and live to it's fullest.

According to an English research, which started many many years ago testing positive/negative thinking for each person in the test group, and now checking how old they become/became, a positive live in average 7,5 years longer than a negative thinker.

But perhaps not living "to it's fullest" if you by that mean living "wild", because SOME such reduce living age  :)

Them in the test group, who are still alive and TV interviewed in a documentary about long living, live calm but active e g go to meet other positive friends and sit and talk and joke with them. But go on being curious and being interested in learning new things add years.

According to the same TV documentary - IF all cancer, which have no cure yet, would be found cures to, that TOTALY would add LESS additional years than positive compare to negative thinking add!

Edited by Thomas

sjp52
Posted
Posted

If you have to ask the question then your to old .

If you notice in your country that hardly any women give you the time of day and that bothers you, Than get you @@s over here. Your in for a pleasant surprise.

If you ever wondered what it would be like for man to have the advantage instead of woman.

If you ever wondered whats its like to be overly pampered by a cute Filipina.

Ever wondered what its like to have a full time maid ( $45 a month )

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The question should be "How young is too young?" You don't want to come here when you are young as I know of two men who have outlived their Filipina wives. I do not know of any that did not other than the ones who have been killed. When one of the Filipinas passed away, two others got in a fight over the foreigner and now they all have to go to court this month. Likely, he will get deported.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you ever wondered whats its like to be overly pampered by a cute Filipina.
Yes, that's a problem, because I want to be left in peace now and then  :mocking:
  • Like 1