Which Altitude = Less Hot But Over 20C ?

robert k
Posted
Posted

My family came from Sweden via Ireland thence North Dakota and I was born in Los Angeles California, I joke that mine is the first generation born below the frost line. It works for me but might not for everyone, spend 30 days without aircon, allow your body to adjust to the ambient temperature before you try to totally control your environment. Then do what you like. You may find that you are more comfortable all the time. The fiancee and family were worried that I was sweating at first, but that is natural. Sweating is natural until your body acclimatizes. Cheer up, it's a free sauna! :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Cheer up, it's a free sauna! :)
I got problem with heat, when I got brain inflammation. Almost recovered now, but not fully. Before I could sit in a 100C sauna without problem "for ever" until I got bored of it, but some less in a 65C wet sauna. So I better think some of the heat/humidity, when I decide where to settle. Plus if it's very hot, then it's unfair to demand workers to body work good, when I do calm thinking work myself  :)

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I am sorry to hear that. Stay well.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I am sorry to hear that. Stay well.

Thank you. But it's no big problem now, I just stand a bit less heat, but mainly have got only normal short memory now   :th_unfair:   :)   Idiot doctor said it's just normal to get bad short memory in my age as if such AGE changes would cut that much in one day!!!  :1 (103): Earlier I had extremly good short memory, so I could get a lot through to the long memory fast. But my long memory functions as before for the info, which get through to it, so I have a lot of UNnecesary knowledge still  :mocking:

I looked 10 years older by I got the brain inflamation, but by recovering I Iook younger and younger, now I look rather much younger than I am again, if it go on I can need to look up so I don't end up looking as a baby  :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I, too, have gone through issues like yours (meningitis and encephilitus (?)) and have had the short term memory problems...  As for the heat and humidity?  Since I have gone to the shaved look, I don't find much difference EXCEPT when it is very humid!  Then my head will sweat an amazing amount!  It's like having a pitcher of water poured over my head!  So, what ever you do?  Don't shave your head if you're moving to the Philippines!

:mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 Don't shave your head if you're moving to the Philippines!

But maybe his head is at a higher altitude than yours and will thus be less hot.   :hystery:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, I, too, have gone through issues like yours (meningitis and encephilitus (?)) and have had the short term memory problems...  As for the heat and humidity?  Since I have gone to the shaved look, I don't find much difference EXCEPT when it is very humid!  Then my head will sweat an amazing amount!  It's like having a pitcher of water poured over my head!  So, what ever you do?  Don't shave your head if you're moving to the Philippines!

:mocking:

I have much hair almost shaped as the desert caps with cover in the neck too = mulett hair style.   I'm Pisces. As long as it's normal heat, we only get swetty feet    :)

• Like 1