Globe Load Cancer

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

While in the Philippines, I purchased a Globe Tattoo plus one month unlimited use for my laptop. The connection was so slow we could use it only between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:00am to check email. Forget about Internet connectivity. We were staying next to the Asian Development Bank complex surrounded by tall office buildings. My conclusion was not enough bandwidth.

I also purchased two Nokia phones, one for me and the other for my wife. Trying to use the phones in Hawaii, T-Mobile informed me, "Equipment is not compatible to our network." I will ship the two phones and the Globe gizmo as part of a Balikbayan box to a charitable organization in the Philippines.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy battery died. We were informed none of the local Samsung dealers carry the battery anymore because the equipment is considered obsolete. The phone was purchased three years ago. Finally located a small shop selling all kinds of aftermarket batteries. They sell more than 1,000 Samsung batteries of the type we needed every year. It's a dealership ploy to get you to purchase a new Samsung phone for $650.00 plus a lock-in two years contract.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1