Expat Gatherings In Cebu/philippines June 2 To June 28

Don
Posted
Posted

As a new member I am unaware of places expats gather or of any planned get to gathers

My June trip hopefully is one of much longer ones/permanent

Hoping for some help

Cheers

Don

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Try Ayala mall any day of the week. There is always an expat gathering at Bo's Coffee and Gilligans on the second level at the terraces.

• Like 5

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

Try Ayala mall any day of the week. There is always an expat gathering at Bo's Coffee and Gilligans on the second level at the terraces.

I think I will try that as I'm always out and about looking for new adventures and photo ops. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Keith44
Posted
Posted

yep gilligans at ayala a lot of expats go I was there the other day the only thing don't get to drunk it looks ugly I seen that first hand with a fellow aussie and of course a lovely Filipino lady who was wearing the brunt of it. They don't have bouncers there like they do in aussie and you are given the opportunity to drink as much as you like but its sad when you see a few abuse the freedom given and carry on like clowns and I feel for the Filipino restaurant workers that have to try and sort it when ie they have given all the freedom around there establishment

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

yep gilligans at ayala a lot of expats go I was there the other day the only thing don't get to drunk it looks ugly I seen that first hand with a fellow aussie and of course a lovely Filipino lady who was wearing the brunt of it. They don't have bouncers there like they do in aussie and you are given the opportunity to drink as much as you like but its sad when you see a few abuse the freedom given and carry on like clowns and I feel for the Filipino restaurant workers that have to try and sort it when ie they have given all the freedom around there establishment

Hi Keith, yeah it doesn't do the expat reputation much good, I go to a little expat bar here on Mactan, lovely 30y.o Filipina runs it and she don't take sh..t from no-one and I wouldn't want to get on her wrong side, I think a kick in the nuts would be her answer. Lot's of expat's go there and by in large all seem decent enough guys, had my daughters 22nd b/day party there the other night, was a blast, plenty of booze, food and singing with the locals and expats into the wee small hours was a really good night, no problems at all

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

As a new member I am unaware of places expats gather or of any planned get to gathers

My June trip hopefully is one of much longer ones/permanent

Hoping for some help

Cheers

Don

I am back in Cebu June 25

Keith44
Posted
Posted

Hiya Frosty, I really appreciate the freedom that's expressed to you in Phil as compared to Aussie especially Western Australia we are truly the nanna state but I can see it takes an amount of time to adjust to a total new world in Phil and that's where expats need to be careful and not turn to the bottle to much to think its helping them adjust as I feel it will only contribute to failure. Finding interests and keeping yourself busy is the biggest thing I find to be able to adjust to a new world.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hiya Frosty, I really appreciate the freedom that's expressed to you in Phil as compared to Aussie especially Western Australia we are truly the nanna state but I can see it takes an amount of time to adjust to a total new world in Phil and that's where expats need to be careful and not turn to the bottle to much to think its helping them adjust as I feel it will only contribute to failure. Finding interests and keeping yourself busy is the biggest thing I find to be able to adjust to a new world.

Hi Keith, gee if you want to be a drunk here is easy peasy, a bottle 1litre Gilbey's Vodka at 180 pesos = $4-50 aus, my daughters eyes nearly fell out of her head when I took her to the mall and she saw the price. Lucky for me I have made some good local friends here, have a good pommie mate so me and the g/f go with them most times. I just find if you go with the flow, meet people as they are and respect the locals, it ain't hard, as I said the only problems you will have are the ones you bring with you.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 3