Walking Behind Her Man

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK, not sure if this is a culture thing or not.I noticed more than ever before the last time I was in Cebu that my wife would often walk behind me when we returned from the supermarket or whatever. As it was hot I usually walk fast to get out of the heat so I dont know if its a case of she could not keep up or not ?Tom :SugarwareZ-015:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
OK, not sure if this is a culture thing or not.I noticed more than ever before the last time I was in Cebu that my wife would often walk behind me when we returned from the supermarket or whatever. As it was hot I usually walk fast to get out of the heat so I dont know if its a case of she could not keep up or not ?Tom :SugarwareZ-015:
A good body guard will do that. Then, if another girl comes up to talk with you or smile at you, she is in position to tackle the suspect.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Most of the girls I have seen doing that are usually texting and don't walk as fast as their companion ...... or like you said some males walk faster than the ladies ....... not me ... I just stroll along ..... no where ... to go ... nothing to do ...... I'm retired ...... :SugarwareZ-037: ....... ain't life a b*tch ....... or is that beach ...... SugarwareZ-003.gif

daisy
Posted
Posted

[it is because you guys really walk so fast! :as-if: Another thing, I love to see the reaction of another girl/woman flirting a foreigner and all of the sudden the wife or fiancee show up with that proprietory eyes SugarwareZ-035.gif

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife says I walk too fast also, and now she has finally learned to keep up with me. Could it be that I am getting older and slowing down. :SugarwareZ-037: I think for the most part, life is just slower in the Philippines and the women have no reason to walk fast. :as-if: You see that in the malls all the time as we whiz by the people who just seem to be living in slow motion while walking and texting and talking and and and and and :lol: :lol: and did I say and. :23_11_62[1]: It always amazes me that they can text with a phone in each hand, walk, talk and even snack while walking. :bash: I would fall on my butt for sure and how the heck do their brains work so fast but their feet go so slow. :1 (103): :welcome: I am just getting old I guess. :cheers:

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted
My wife tends to "eventually" walk behind me, she try's to keep up, but I just cant slow down to that shopping mall shuffle that's so common here, her speed has most definitely increased but its just not sustainable because of distractions such as ''buy one, get one Free" sending an SMS [on the move], receiving a call etc , but she now tells me, that when she goes shopping with her sisters, they all walk to slow lol. I can visualize one day in the future when I'm out with the whole family, we'll all be in one long line with me at the head and my wife behind followed by the sisters all doddering along in single file, like mother Duck and her Ducklings or a team challenging Everest, this coming January we

cagayanstar
Posted
Posted

Don't walk ahead of me,I might not follow;Don't walk behind me,I might not lead;Walk beside me and be my friend! SugarwareZ-053.gif of course,I always prefer it holding hands. SugarwareZ-011.gif

• Like 1

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

I find holding hands is the only way I can keep my wife from falling behind..when I can't, say because I am carrying bags or something, many times, I will see here back 10-15 meters and I will start marching in time without moving forward. My way of saying "kick it up a notch". One or two of these and she usually gets the message and steps things up. I do get tired of constantly looking behind me to see where she is though, especially after once in a parking lot, I looked back and walked right into a light post, rang my bell a good one....Jim

Steve
Posted
Posted
My wife says I walk too fast also
Mine does too but recently, either I have slowed down or she has started walking faster lately.

retired
Posted
Posted

Though i do find most Filipinos tend to mope along i have the opposite issue when going somewhere with my wife . It's not at all uncommon for her to be a half-block ahead of me because i tend to take more time crossing the street ( read as in dodging traffic )and in avoiding the motorcycle riders who want to skirt the street and edge along the street vendors . Worse , she tends to never look back and realize she lost me . :36_1_50[1]: I think i am just more cautious at my age realizing my limitations as in can't move as fast as i once did but maybe also because it allows me to enjoy the " attention " a foreigner can get from the " lovelys " . Oops , don't tell her i said that . :-)