Lodging For Christmas In Batangas

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replies so far. I am little nervous going anywhere too far yet, as this will be the first time we are traveling with the new baby. Basically I'm looking for something no more than 3 hour travel time from our apartment in Cavite. I see there are some hilltop places close to Tagaytay that are obviously not beach resorts but at least are in a nice environment with nice views. Any other locations I could look at? How much trouble would the boat trip to Puerto Galera be?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Hello Pettersson,

I don't blame you about travelling too far with your young family.  All roads leading to the beaches of Batangas,

Nasugbu and Puerto Galera, Mindoro are going to be unbearable during that time of year.  Tagaytay City will

be grid locked of tourists, vacationing families and students.  

May I suggest Island Cove in Bacoor, Cavite along the Cavite-Manila express way (coastal road).  My wife stayed

there several years ago and was pretty reasonably priced and good for the family.  Here's their website:

http://www.agoda.com/island-cove-resort-leisure-park/hotel/cavite-ph.html?type=1&site_id=1622863&url=http://www.agoda.com/island-cove-resort-leisure-park/hotel/cavite-ph.html&adid=49339143449&network=g&adpos=1t1&expid=&rand=8548657694783062135&device=c&tag=39dc4cd4-d685-42bc-af59-6b2a15a2e31a&gclid=CLrurfiasb4CFY6RfgodwGMApg&cklg=1

Jake thanks for informing me about the seasonal traffic.  I was in Manila, Cavite, and Cebu last Christmas and New Years time and everything seemed just normal traffic wise, so I did not realize that Batangas and Tagaytay will be so bad. 

Island Cove is just some 10 miles from our place, so the travel should be easy enough.  I made a reservation already, as Agoda had a ree cancellation until 1 week prior to the check-in.  Nice tip, greatly appreciated!

Hello Pettersson,

Ole hyvä......you're welcome sir.  When I was young Filipino, I didn't stress out as much about the humidity pouring

down my butt crack -- I smelled like everybody else.  But as I get older (ornery), the smelly human body heat (100W

each) and nuts to butts spacing in a crowded bus, made me think smarter.  

Go off season....It's only a matter of a couple weeks difference.  You deserve to retire in peace......

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

I have spent some time in Lian and Nasugbu in Batangas.  The problem with Mahabungkay beach is it is not white sand but nice all the same.  We sorted out a rental there for a week and it was great, good price.  There are a couple of hotels there that look quite good but I've never been in them.  In Nasugbu there are lots of resort hotels.  I stayed at one which was great, swimming pool and bar and the beach just through the gates.  I think it was about  1000php a night.  Again the beach is not white sand but we took a banca to a white beach for the day. There is also a really nice hotel in the town center but just a trike ride from the beaches. Those are both on the west coast if you go closer to Batangas city on the south coast you will get white sand beaches and designer resorts.  

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted
You might consider barrio Baretto at Subic as well.

Barrio Baretto is hardly the place I would recommend a young family to visit :no:

• Like 2