Route Cebu To Iloilo (Without Flying)

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

Any info on the direct ferry route ?  Did you enjoy the trip, what condition is the ferry in?

How about over land and ferry, what's the state of the ferries and buses? Any towns worth visiting on the way, or low budget, cheap places to stay?

Traveling to Iloilo from Cebu is also possible by ferry+bus combination. There are no direct bus routes to Iloilo, passengers must break the journey into separate bus/ferry trips to cross from Cebu to Negros Island then finally Iloilo.

• Via San Carlos Port, Negros Occidental (faster)
    • Cebu City to Toledo Port, Cebu (2 hours by bus or v-hire)
    • Toledo Port to San Carlos City Port, Negros Occidental (1 hour by fastcraft, 2 hours by RORO)
    • San Carlos City to Bacolod City via Don Salvador Benedicto (2.5 hours by bus)
    • Bacolod City to Iloilo City (1 hour by fastcraft or 2 hours by RORO)
    •  
Edited by sandwichmaker

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Tukaram wrote about 2 alternatives somewhere in this forum, prefering one of them, but I don't remember what he wrote  :)

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

if you want to go directly to Iliolo, just fly.

only do the route you have marked out in the OP if you want to stop off in the places on the route for a few days each in on the way - i.e. park and spend a few nights i.e. Toledo, San Carlos, Silay or Cadiz, and Bacolod each, before proceeding to Iliolo. you could also use Guimaras as like a 'stepping stone' between Bacolod and Iliolo. You will find places to stay, and DIA friends, in each of these places if you do a little planning ahead. But all this would take weeks.

and the Toledo-San Carlos ferry is not the only way to do this. There are other ferries you can take.

there is no ferry from Cebu island to Panay island where iliolo is, but I think there may be a twice weekly night ferry from Cebu city to Bacolod. I can't quite remember which company it is, but i think it could be Negros Navigation. Look at the ferry advertisement page, in the Cebu Daily News, where, if it is running, they will be advertising it. You should have ripped this page out of the newspaper long ago and be carrying this page around with you anyway and using it for reference, if you are moving around the Visayas.

there is the north west Cebu Tabuelan - Escalante ferry, you could get that. Stop off at the outstanding Viar Family Resort in Tuburan for a few days on the way.

you can even reach northern Negros from Bantayan. A boat leaves Bantayan port for Cadiz, not too far from Bacolod, every two days.

but all this takes time. If you want to go directly to Iliolo from Cebu, just fly.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

if you want to go directly to Iliolo, just fly.

but all this takes time. If you want to go directly to Iliolo from Cebu, just fly.

Topic Title: Route Cebu To Iloilo (Without Flying)

Started by sandwichmaker, Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Huh, did I miss something......

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

far too often, people think it is like really easy, to get round the Philippines surface. But it is not so easy, because the Philippines, like Indonesia, is a series of islands. You can get to Belfast, northern Ireland, from London surface, without flying, as well. There are several ways you could do it surface, but the best way timewise, would be to get up to Stranraer, Scotland, and then get the ferry over to Larne. But it will take days. If you fly there,  the plane will be in the air for 25 minutes. And it will almost certainly, cost you less money.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

And by pass flyover country? How Democrap of you.

• Like 1

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

Filipinos with brain know they have far more in common temperamentally with other island peoples, like the Indos, Malays, Japanese, and Brits.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Filipinos with brain know they have far more in common temperamentally with other island peoples, like the Indos, Malays, Japanese, and Brits.

Hey Whippy,

Double wow --  that one went way over my head.  You should play-sure yourself because you have so much knowledge.

The above statement about common temperamentally -- what's that got to do with the price of eggs in China?  Exactly,

you catching my drift?

Sandwichmaker (OP) in his research about inter island passages is not stupid.  Sure he can fly directly to his destination

but he didn't ask or want advice or comments about flight information.  Once again, the OP title is:

Route Cebu To Iloilo (Without Flying)

I am losing my patience with you.......

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Here is a suggestion for the OP. When we travel to different parts of the country, I just go to the closest travel agent. The girl there shows us the different routes and methods of travel to get to our destination and worked out great. They can book your tickets on ferries, airlines, busses and arrange rooms, the whole shooting match. The price isn't that much different than if I did it myself, and save a lot of headaches and uncertainty. You can shop around at different agencies, but when I did, I found the prices were all within a few pesos of each other. So I don't bother price comparing anymore. On a side note and slightly off topic, I have found prices to be pretty uniform across the board. When we built our house and were shopping for appliances (good quality stuff). I compared for example a full sized, double top and bottom refrigerator (figidare here lol). We looked at Wilcon, Shoemart Appliance store (3 different branches), Waltermart, S&R, Abenson, Ace hardware and a couple of others. The result? All prices were within P500 of each other. (I think they compare prices lol). As a result we really don't shop around anymore, if the price seems fair, we buy it.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Here is a suggestion for the OP. When we travel to different parts of the country, I just go to the closest travel agent. The girl there shows us the different routes and methods of travel to get to our destination and worked out great. They can book your tickets on ferries, airlines, busses and arrange rooms, the whole shooting match. The price isn't that much different than if I did it myself, and save a lot of headaches and uncertainty. You can shop around at different agencies, but when I did, I found the prices were all within a few pesos of each other. So I don't bother price comparing anymore. On a side note and slightly off topic, I have found prices to be pretty uniform across the board. When we built our house and were shopping for appliances (good quality stuff). I compared for example a full sized, double top and bottom refrigerator (figidare here lol). We looked at Wilcon, Shoemart Appliance store (3 different branches), Waltermart, S&R, Abenson, Ace hardware and a couple of others. The result? All prices were within P500 of each other. (I think they compare prices lol). As a result we really don't shop around anymore, if the price seems fair, we buy it.

Thank you Sergeant Major!  You just got promoted.....he, he.