Foreigner Price In Camotes, For Real This Time

Jake
Posted
Posted

And your latest one has got some spunky attitude with this: No . . that area is Bumfvck Boring.....

And here she is, the Sweet Young Spunky Thang  :-kiss:

attachicon.gifSweet Young Thang.jpg

And yes, she speaks her mind, which at times has me doing a *face palm*  :bonk:

Dave, you're my new hero!  And not straying too much off topic........I really like her camotes!

Confucius say sitting on face is like killing him softly......he, he.

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

I was all set to follow that bit of advice, and then my sweet young thing said :  "No . . that area is Bumfvck Boring . . we need to be in Santiago where my parents are."

Seems it is a big deal that when you are living with a sweet young thing for 6 months then it is customary to go visit the parents.  I thought they lived in San Jose, near Esperanza but I was misinformed.  So any recommendations for Santiago area?

Dave the island is not all that big and it doesn't matter all that much which area of it you stay. It is smaller, than Biliran. There is no two points on the Camotes further away than than an hour's drive on a 125 and most are a lot less than that.  And Santiago as a placename is common in the Philippines. There may be more than one Santiago, even on the Camotes. I know two Esperanzas on the Camotes alone - one on Poro and the other on Pacijan. If she means the Santiago resort, that is on the west side of the westerly Pacijan island, perhaps 20km from the Sunset Vista in Esperanza. Best place to stay in that section, is the Bella Vista. Although the Mangodlong a few km up the road from the Santiago is not too bad at all, and not expensive. That is the bit of the island with the flashiest resorts, of which the Paradise resort next to Mangodlong, with the excellent pool, is the flashiest. I'm sure your gf would like you to stay there.

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Did she really say bumf**k boring? If so, she is my new hero :D

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yeah, she did.  She heard the first part from another expat friend who described some province areas that way and used the term in her own way.  Rather quick at picking up words and adapting them to her style.  This morning she was describing a German girl and called her a "liebchen" baboy which cracked me up.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Yeah, she did.  She heard the first part from another expat friend who described some province areas that way and used the term in her own way.  Rather quick at picking up words and adapting them to her style.  This morning she was describing a German girl and called her a "liebchen" baboy which cracked me up.

Triple CRACK ME UP!

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

not too sure what she was doing in Dumaguete though. Most of the Camote young female emigrants that leave the island to better themselves, go where you would expect them to go. Northern Cebu where there is jobs, Especially at the Mizumi factory. A lot of Camote girls work there and it is good because but they still have an easy link back to their families. But of course they can end up anywhere.

• 1 month later...
dick mammoth
Posted
Posted

Anyone have an update on ferry times and cost to take bike and rider across from danao. It used to be 1pm but  prob changed now

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

11am, 2pm, and 5.30pm

Those are times departing from Danao.

I'm not sure about the first one, but I'm pretty sure about 2pm and 5.30pm and my Danao lady friend who is sitting next to me just confirmed. From mid June, our trip. It takes 2 hours and the cafe has some very good deals on hot food and coffee. Beef stew and rice for 55. Bargain.

Edited by sandwichmaker
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
It's customary to visit the parents BEFORE start living with her
I think I went and did that completely bass ackwards!!! Started living together then the parents came and visited after sending one or two sibilings to check me out!! :as-if: :lmao:
  • Like 1