Visa Extension For Visa Required Citizens

stefan12
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody, my name is Stefan and I am from a little country in southeastern Europe . First I want to thank you for all the information about Philippines that you put on here on this forum. I have met some Filipino friends last year and they invited me to come there in the Philippines.

I have some questions about visa extension. Since my country is not on the list for visa free travel to the Philippines I need to get pre-arranged visa here, I spoke to consul and she told me its not a problem, only few papers, mostly formal stuff. She also told me I would get 59 days when I arrive on the airport. Here in the forum you all explained very clear how to extend visa for non visa requirement citizen, but what about us who need visa to go there in the first place? Is it the same process as for US citizens and others? Do I need onward ticket when I apply for visa extension? I have read in Bureau of Immigration website that we(visa required citizens) can not stay as long as non visa required citizens in the Philippines and that extension is little bit more expensive but it doesn't say anything about different types of applications. If anybody know anything about this, is it different for us or the same when applying for visa extension I would really appreciate any information.

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Stefan ..... wish I could help you but I have never experienced or read about that information before .... hopefully someone else can help ..... I would dare say that the onward ticket would still apply as it is to assure the Phil government that you have a way out of the country if you are not excepted at the airport ..... but I'm just guessing ..... 

:cheersty: 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Some countries were just added to the list.  Perhaps yours is one?

Immigration Commissioner Siegfred B. Mison disclosed that the seven countries whose nationals have been granted visa-free admission into the country are: Belize, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

It has always been my belief that all countries are the same after the first 59 days (some countries like Brazil actually get the whole 59 days visa free).  After 59 days, the process is here:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

• Like 2

stefan12
Posted
Posted

@Mike, I was asking when I apply for visa extension around my 54th day, do I need "throw-away ticket" like when I am entering the country? Or just the documents written there on the website?

@Dave, no, my country is not on the list. That is what I am trying to figure out. On the website of Bureau of Immigration it doesn't say anything about different ways to apply, only thing I saw is that we need to pay a little bit more and we can't extend visa that long. I guess if nobody here knows I'll just ask them at Bureau of Immigration.

Thank you for you help

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I looked up some of the requirements for "restricted nationals" this morning. Two big differences are you can only renew for a month at a time and only for a maximum of 6 months. That was from Wikipedia. You will need an onward ticket to board the plane, immigration may or may not ask for it. As far as the process and costs, they will advise you of that at the BI.  

• Like 2

stefan12
Posted
Posted

@Mike B, here is says that I can also apply for 6 months www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve

Also here it says that I extend my visa up to 24 months from the date of arrival

www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/extensionofstay

This is from BI website, I don't know who wrote those informaton on Wikipedia, but it is different from what is written on the offical website BI, check the links above and you'll see. Thanks

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This link is also from the BI website.

"For restricted nationals, the Chief of Visa Extension Section may grant one (1) month for every extension but not to exceed a maximum period of six (6) months.

For restricted nationals, the Commissioner and the Associate Commissioners have the right to approve the length of stay based on the merits of your application.
After a year of stay in the country, the Commissioner and the Associate Commissioners will again be the ones to approve your stay based on the merits on your application
."

Sounds like it's at their discretion. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/component/content/article/10-faqs/33-general-information?showall=1&limitstart= 

stefan12
Posted
Posted

Yeah, well it also says there:"For non-restricted nationals the Chief of Visa Extension Section may grant you two (2) months for every extension but not to exceed the maximum period of one year." And on another place says that you(non-restricted nationals) can stay up to 36 months. It is kind of confusing to me but I have read many stories of people staying more than a year and than doing visa run to nearby countries. I don't know if they didn't updated website, or its just up to there or maybe depends what you ask there at BI office

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I don't know if they didn't updated website, or its just up to there or maybe depends what you ask there at BI office Selective Qu

You will find that everyone has a unique experience at BI in Philippines.  Best of luck.  Not much point worrying about it until you get here BUT they do answer emails sometimes so write and ask them and keep their response for future reference.  No guarantee they won't change their minds 5 minutes after they send you the email but its a start.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello everybody, my name is Stefan and I am from a little country in southeastern Europe .

Stephan, it would help if you could Identify, just where this little country in Southeastern Europe is.

I am from just about, as South

Europe, as you can get, GIBRALTAR  I do not have any Problems. Do you mean as a general rule or as an EEC member 

JP :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1