Visa Extension For Visa Required Citizens

stefan12
Posted
Posted

@Jack, I am from Serbia. My country was called Yugoslavia back in 90s. And no, we are not part of EEC or EU. But I don't see how that would help solving my question about visa for the Phillipines, maybe you know something that I don't.

@Dave, thank you I did not know that is like that over there. Thanks for telling me, now I know I should prepare for anything at BI. Is it different if you apply in different offices or not?

Thank you all for taking your time and trying to help me :) 

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Jack, I am from Serbia. My country was called Yugoslavia back in 90s. And no, we are not part of EEC or EU. But I don't see how that would help solving my question about visa for the Phillipines, maybe you know something that I don't.

@Dave, thank you I did not know that is like that over there. Thanks for telling me, now I know I should prepare for anything at BI. Is it different if you apply in different offices or not?

Thank you all for taking your time and trying to help me :)

Hello Stefan,

You sound like you're an experienced European traveller and crossing the borders, checkpoints and lining up at

various immigration-visa offices, made you more aware of many issues dealing with different visa officials.  

The Philippines is no exception when it comes to public service.  For example, LTO (land transportation office) 

has a nice website for driver's license application.  In some cases however, LTO at different city or province are

not always consistent, even when it's black and white in their own website.  

Dealing with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration upon arrival will make or break you.  The golden rule to follow

should always be:

dress appropriately (even you seen another expat in shorts-sandals) 

wear you best and most respectful attitude

smile, smile and smile

I save the last one here......be prepared, like you're doing now.  I believe you come to the right place in researching

for your next journey.  Not all of us are Boy Scouts (be prepare) and many of us learned the hard way.  Please keep

those questions coming.  Rules and policies are in a constant changing chaos......may the force be with you!

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well, I was sitting here last night and thinking about this, I should have guessed, it would have been one of the newer, Eastern Block Break up countries.  I have a friend from Montenegro, who seemed to fair well, in his Travels and is now working in Spain

As we all know, our hosts here, just do not, make life easy for Anyone, sometimes not even their own.

I don't know enough about Visas to give any good Advice, Being married to a Filipina of course, Eases a lot of the Problem.

Close and constant communication with a Philippine Embassy is always good. Singapore has one of the Best and I use them, if I need some special help. Whilst you can't make any applications there via email, Their Advice, seems more up to date than a lot of the others.

Wishing you well on this issue, Sorry, I can't be of any real help. 

You could try to Ring the BOI  in Mandaue City  +63/32 3456442 or 3 or 4

send a fax even to +63 32 3456441

As I said before, I do wish you well and hope it all turns out good for you.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

stefan12
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your help. For me that is really odd I can go without visa to most of europian countries, even Japan and South Korea but for countries like Philippines, Thailand, Malesia, Indonesia I need pre arranged visa. And if I decide to stay longer in the Philppines I must get visa again in Singapure or Hong Kong because I can go visa free there.

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

The Immigration website seems quite clear.  As a Visa requiring visitor you can stay for 24 months.  Each renewal can be for up to  2 months.  The six month extension is a grey area,  It says on a notice in Intermuros that you can only do the 6 month if you haven't passed the 16 month old rule.  I've just hit the 16 month so I went for the 2 month extension but I may ask next time i go.  If you go to the main office in Intermuros they follow those rules by the letter.  The wait can be a bit tiresome but that is all the agents handing in lots of passports at a time.  Which of course you can also do, pay an agent to do it all for you.  

• Like 1