High Blood Pressure . Treatment In The Rp And Causes Of It

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

last week i had a minor surgery, the clinic took my Blood pressure and it was 140/90. then 2days ago, I had a blood spot appear on my eye.

with 2 children i was concerned that I may have am infection or worse.

well I saw an eye doctor and it was due to stress and High blood pressure,

pressure taken 2x today was

130/90 then 130/100,

i start this topic not in LIEU of doctor but to supplement my knowledge about what I may face and what needs to be done.

I know that the members of this forum have a wide background of info which can help me understand this "illness"

.....................................................................................................................

davewe
Posted
Posted

I am no expert but I would ask the question whether you have actually been diagnosed with high blood pressure. By that I mean, is this (140/90) around your consistent number? Seems to me that many people after a surgery or other traumatic occurrence might register high but that does not necessarily mean their BP is high enough to require treatment.

I normally have pretty low BP. A few months ago I went to the doctor suffering from some stress. My BP was much higher than normal. He didn't much worry about it since I have a history of much lower BP + I had been guzzling caffeine all day prior to the appointment.

I don't want to distract you if your doctor says you have high BP; just want to point out that one day with high readings is not a lifetime pattern.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Often it depends of bad colesterol situation in your body.

These reduce blood pressure:

/Garlic.

/Peppermint.

/Are there Becel "butter" in Phils?   They have a good mix allready. Otherwice you can eat oils from some plants as e g olive, sunflower and/or rapeseed.

My sister did eat much of the first two, when she was close to dead with very high blood pressure and hard kidney problems, and she got worse by common blood pressure medecine by some allergic reaction. She survived by skipping the common med..

My mother had blood pressure around your level. After eating Becel reguraly for a year or so, she has normal blood pressure now.

I know some other blood pressure reducing plants, but it can be dangerous to eat blood THINERING ones if not knowing the suiting amount, so I don't list them.

Edit:  Yes, I forgot to mension the high blood pressures, which only depend of stress, as davewe wrote. Then just relax   :)

Edit 2:   And because of I'm in cold Sweden  :)   I forgot to think of the extra hot weather Phils have. I suppouse heat raise the blood pressure.   At least high blood pressure as well as kidney stone problems (because drinking to litle water) are common illnesses among Filipins. Diabetes become more and more common among Filipins too. WHITE rice is part of the reason concerning the diabetes. I don't know if the white rice have any influense concerning high blood pressure too, but at least it's stupid in nutricion point of view to eat the rice type where most of the nutricion, but not (most of) the carbohydrats are taken away before eating it...

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I read where in the west they are not calling 140 high, they say that you are a doctors office, of course you are stressed before you start. A broken capillary in an eye would not alarm me too much if it's one off. If it happened 3 times in 6 months I would start to worry.

I have in the past sneezed so hard I broke several capillaries in my eyes [darn you mountain cedar].

I think Thomas' suggestion for home remedies is a good idea, I like garlic anyway. I also like my rice only lightly milled, still got the nutrients but tastes at least as good to me as white rice, got a touch of fiber left too.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
whether you have actually been diagnosed with high blood pressure

No, have not actually spoken w/my main doctor. I will after a few more times of having my pressure read to have a better ideal of the 'pressure" 

I don't want to distract you if your doctor says you have high BP; just want to point out that one day with high readings is not a lifetime pattern.

yes thats true but nearly consistent readings taken 5 days apart may be an indication of a problem

better be proactive than reactive

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

updates. have had it checked since the 17th,, 130/90 ,120/90,120/80.

so i guess its back into the "normal "range,

will continue to monitor it , make slight changes to the diet.

some extra fruit and "iced tea" to help it for now.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

updates. have had it checked since the 17th,, 130/90 ,120/90,120/80.

so i guess its back into the "normal "range,

will continue to monitor it , make slight changes to the diet.

some extra fruit and "iced tea" to help it for now.

Hello Ed,

Now that you know your normal BP range, please continue to monitor yourself and at least visit your doctor annually.  

I made a serious mistake of thinking that I was unbreakable, especially by what I consumed.  I ignored my mother's

constant nagging of cutting down on salt and sugar.  

Now, I'm paying for it.  Have been on medications for diabetes type 2, high BP and enlarged prostate.  What saved

my ass is my daily morning workout of tennis.  And of course, my drastic change in my eating habits.  As you may

know, those ailments combined are deadly silent killers.  

Your children depends on you to keep yourself going for the long haul.  We are glad that you have recovered and

will get on your ass again if you don't take care of yourself.

Respectfully -- Jake  

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had a reading the other when I was ill and it was 180/100 so they wanted me to go on tablets for high blood pressure.Not chance of that because once on them you have to keep taking.I take fish oil capsuals and garlic capsuals each day and watch how much alcohol I drink.When I went back to have bp checked it was 130/70. The Doctor said"oh the tablets are working" I said "No doctor just taking care of myself more"He was shocked that I had reduced my bp without meds. So really only do meds as a last resort or you may rattle when you walk with all those tablets inside of you.Also the doc in the UK told me for a 50 year old male 140/80 was acceptable but lower is nicer.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had a reading the other when I was ill and it was 180/100 so they wanted me to go on tablets for high blood pressure.Not chance of that because once on them you have to keep taking.I take fish oil capsuals and garlic capsuals each day and watch how much alcohol I drink.When I went back to have bp checked it was 130/70. The Doctor said"oh the tablets are working" I said "No doctor just taking care of myself more"He was shocked that I had reduced my bp without meds. So really only do meds as a last resort or you may rattle when you walk with all those tablets inside of you.Also the doc in the UK told me for a 50 year old male 140/80 was acceptable but lower is nicer.

Here in the Philippines, another thing to check is that it is measured properly, especially if you have a big arm.

At my last visit to my GP here, the nurses take your weight and BP before you see the doc.  When the nurse took it, my BP was really high and I had some stress earlier in the morning, so I attributed it to that.  So I sat down with the doc and he said the cuff they use out front is not good for a big arm, and he took it again with his unit.  Barely above normal.

I have one of the Omron digital BP units and I am not sure how accurate it is.  I think it measures a bit high.  I will take it in on my next visit to the doc and do a side by side test.

Another thing to do is measure both arms.  If you have a diff of more than 10 points consistently, you may have higher risk of stroke and heart attack, and you should get yourself checked out more closely.

I take odorless garlic capsules but I am out now.  The only ones I have found here (GNC kiosk) were ridiculously priced at over $30.  If anyone knows where to find them for a reasonable price, let me know.  I have some coming in a BB box soon.

Exercise is huge.  Your blood pressure goes down a lot if you exercise.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Here in the Philippines, another thing to check is that it is measured properly, especially if you have a big arm.

At my last visit to my GP here, the nurses take your weight and BP before you see the doc.  When the nurse took it, my BP was really high and I had some stress earlier in the morning, so I attributed it to that.  So I sat down with the doc and he said the cuff they use out front is not good for a big arm, and he took it again with his unit.  Barely above normal.

I have one of the Omron digital BP units and I am not sure how accurate it is.  I think it measures a bit high.  I will take it in on my next visit to the doc and do a side by side test.

Another thing to do is measure both arms.  If you have a diff of more than 10 points consistently, you may have higher risk of stroke and heart attack, and you should get yourself checked out more closely.

I take odorless garlic capsules but I am out now.  The only ones I have found here (GNC kiosk) were ridiculously priced at over $30.  If anyone knows where to find them for a reasonable price, let me know.  I have some coming in a BB box soon.

Exercise is huge.  Your blood pressure goes down a lot if you exercise.

I buy my garlic capsuals in Generica drug store but they are not odourless They are 4 pesos each and I take before I eat in the morning or I can taste them too much. I do exercise and walk every day I live 100 meters from the sea and am in there 2/3 times a week.I have noticed the inconsistencies in the measuring equipment.

• Like 1