High Blood Pressure . Treatment In The Rp And Causes Of It

Thomas
Posted
Posted
At my last visit to my GP here, the nurses take your weight and BP before you see the doc. When the nurse took it, my BP was really high and I had some stress earlier in the morning, so I attributed it to that. So I sat down with the doc and he said the cuff they use out front is not good for a big arm, and he took it again with his unit. Barely above normal.
Are you sure the difference didn't depend of the first was taken by a pretty nurse?  :)
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

At my last visit to my GP here, the nurses take your weight and BP before you see the doc. When the nurse took it, my BP was really high and I had some stress earlier in the morning, so I attributed it to that. So I sat down with the doc and he said the cuff they use out front is not good for a big arm, and he took it again with his unit. Barely above normal.
Are you sure the difference didn't depend of the first was taken by a pretty nurse?  :)

Well, unfortunately, this doctor does not discriminate based on looks (as per the other thread).

And anyway, the doc said they did not have a cuff big enough to take my blood pressure down there where high blood pressure is most desirable.   :hystery:

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I have noticed the inconsistencies in the measuring equipment.

Interesting...... the past readings i had is at the same place.except the 2nd

(its a small clinic near my house, so i will make a note of this)

please continue to monitor yourself and at least visit your doctor annually. I made a serious mistake of thinking that I was unbreakable, especially by what I consumed. I ignored my mother's constant nagging of cutting down on salt and sugar

its hard to cut down the sugar with 2 children.

althou I do like to "snack" when they are sleep or out of the house .

I rarely buy candy/sweets. its just the "iced tea" or zesto drinks.

Salt,,rarely add any to foods only when its a pasta being cooked,

My "stress" is 1. being a single parent w/no househelp 

2. trying hard to deal w/local issues

as well as my 4yo.Who  at times cant understand the word NO or NOT NOW

( now i understand JGF how he feels at times dealing w/forum issues)

reading on the web or speaking w/ medical doctor is 1 thing .

the advice from the forum.Its suggestions & insights is helpful is much appreciated

Thanks to all you who replied         :999: