Hope I Can Find A Condo Where This Is A Long Stretch Of Beach

pokermike
Posted
Posted

i am looking for a condo , do not want a house i will be retiring do not want to do any kind of work . i hope i can find a condo where this is a long stretch of beach but still have good shoping nearby , within one hour prefer less. Hoping to find a very nice property willing to from low end 40,000 pesos up to 80,000 pesos per month, maybe include small slip for a boat. iIwould like the beach to be a good swimming beach.

So far in my visits ican find the condos that are fine, but not with long stretches of beach they all have very short runs. Example Movenpick , its nice but beach so narrow. I would like to be able to run a few miles without going back and forth like a hampster.

Someone suggested Subic anybody now the names of any such properties there.

One other thing , the cost of a maid about $80 a month US and a full time driver abou $100 is that correct?  Thanks Poker Mike

you guys are all great thanks for the help, just have not found my place in the sun yet!

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Thanks again everybody , still have money for entertainment. Would like maybe to be at least five stories up facing the beach. if i find this place its party time for anbody that can make it!

Hope i find it by next month, i think my house will sell fast here selling well below market so i can bail and come live there.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I moved this to its own topic, PlkerMike as there are some observations I would like to share.

It seems to me that owning a condo will be as much work as owning a low cost house in a low cost subdivision.  I believe the developers of both just turn the bare shell over to the buyer and say "Here ya go, work on that"  so renting a condo would  be less work but buying will give you the same headaches as owning a house.

Of course you cannot own the land in a subdivision as a foreigner, (many will give you schemes to say you can but use your brain on this), but you can have the land on a lease or in a wife's name very easily.  I admit that condos have the ownership angle covered better.

I cannot think of a condo on the beach that fits your ideal.  What city would you like it to be in, ideally?

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

I plan to rent the condo until i really know wher i want to live. I learned that form you guys on the site. I am open to the location  but wish i could find that long stretch of beach and within one hour of good shopping. I hope there is such a place there.   Thanks for your help. There must be a place like this since there is so many beach fronts.     Poker Mike  

remeber pocket rockets win more if your heads up

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Hamilo coast near Nasugbu.  Beach one side mountains the other.  Plenty info on the web about it. Tagatay is about an hour away if you have your own transport.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
i am looking for a condo , do not want a house i will be retiring do not want to do any kind of work
In Phils you can pay someone to do all work   :) 
One other thing , the cost of a maid about $80 a month US and a full time driver abou $100 is that correct?
It depend of which region you live in. The MINIMUM salaries are:

maid:   1500 / 2000 / 2500 pesos per month plus food, room and some other basic living things. Plus social security fees.

driver:  more differenciated depending of region.  from around 220 p per day to around the double. No living and such, but some social security fees and a 13th month salary.

• Like 2

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Thank you Malcolm,  iwent on line and checked out Hamilo Coast i think this might bw what i am looking for. i wish it was closer to a major city but it doesnt sound too bad only an hour or so from Manila. Plus it looks like there is a new highway, so thats good. I have gpone on line and checked for rentals but can only fond daily rentals of about 6000 pesos or $150 US per night.

Have any of you forum memebers stayed ther before and what did you like or not like about the area. If anyone knows any long term properties there for rent would like a connection if anyone has one.  thanks for your help

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

wow i need to work on my spell check that message was terrible

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Wow nice area so far the cheapest renatal i find for one month is 120,000 pesos or $3,000 a month US about $1,000 out my max price range can anybody refer to an agent for help. it does look like what i want.  Thanks poker mike

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

I've asked someone from the area to ask around about condos/apartments.  When she gets back to me I'll let you know.  

• Like 2