How Not To Drive In The Rain!

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have actually seen at least 3 similar accidents in the last 2 years on the hill approaching the SCTEX as you leave the Freeport. That road is notoriously slippery when wet due to the overloaded, poorly maintained large haulers dripping oil. 

Then you must have some metal spikes embedded in your tires as you pull about 3 G's on your Terminator Bike.....he, he.

Many of the road conditions are notorious for potholes, fresh dropping from carabao-dog-goat and during rice harvest,

the country roads become a zig-zag of rice neatly laid out and guarded by a little old lady, smoking a cigar.  

Did I mention about the drivers?  It's so much pun in da Philippines!  

jon1
Posted
Posted

Hehe no Jake, I just take it a little slower in that area. Plus my rear tire is a 240mm (wide as a car tire).

Yes the potholes are a constant worry, even on the SCTEX. They don't fill/fix them very quickly.

The rice harvest is notorious especially on the 2 lane highways out in the country. One ride last year, a group of us came over a rise and bam! Blasted right thru a small stretch of rice being dried. 7 big bikes, creates quite a stir! hehehe

• Like 1