International Calling Card

Softpillow
Posted
Posted

What's the lowest rate Philippines calling card you have used? I am calling to the Philippines from Australia.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I just use an old phone with a Smart Buddy sim.  Well most of the time we talk on an app called Viber which is free and available for all platforms/OS (doesn't work on Vodafone though - they block VOIP).  

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

What's the lowest rate Philippines calling card you have used? I am calling to the Philippines from Australia.

Before I moved permanently in 2011, we talked daily, on Skype, Cheap as Chips and 10 (ten) British Pounds, lasted 25/30 Days.

Apparently you can now use Skype, from your mobile using their Transfer Number (They give you a prefix Number) which is still, I hear, a Cheap way, of communication.  :rolleyes:

:tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

AnnieLopez
Posted
Posted

i dont think calling cards are the cheap way to call. why dont you use voip apps? there are bunch of those like skype, viber,global call, rebtel.

Anna
Posted
Posted (edited)

yeah, the apps are great for international calls. ive experienced skype and oto. skype is good for chatting. oto works well between japan and korea, but it doesnt have messaging feature. 

Edited by MikeB
Removed ad

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

i dont think calling cards are the cheap way to call. why dont you use voip apps? there are bunch of those like skype, viber,global call, rebtel.

Not everyone has constant or available access to SKYPE/VOIP or other internet apps.

some members dont have the equipment,knowledge or time to "fiddle"with these things,

SO calling cards is the best bet.

does anyone have any suggestions on "CALLING CARDS" from the STATES or elsewhere? 

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have used Tawagpinas to call from the US to the Philippines, seemed to work ok, not the ctearest calls I have ever made. To buy $20 worth of time I believe it worked out to 9 cents a minute. I would call a local number and they would forward the call.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My wife talks a lot about a "Magic jack' when talking to here niece. What is all that about ?

IamMissLee
Posted
Posted

I also made a similar thread last year, and someone suggested the app "Global Call". Since then, I've been using the app.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My wife talks a lot about a "Magic jack' when talking to here niece. What is all that about ?

My guess Jack is she is talking about your,, never mind  :mocking:

• Like 2