Looking For Place In Banilad

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I'll be coming next week to visit Cebu City (June 14 - 30) and would like to look for furnished 2 bd apt or house (preferred) in Banilad.  Plan on living there for at least year, possibly two depending on my work situation.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out with finding a place.

Thanks,

Andy

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It maybe a good idea to stay in a modest hotel once you arrive get a feel for the location that you like then look for an apartment or condo that fits your needs. 

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I haven't stayed there but have heard generally good things about Apartelle de Arcenas.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine has an ex who has a townhouse that she was renting out for 15,000 pesos a month (they are on good terms) and the townhouse is in Banilad, Mandaue very close to the border of Banilad, Cebu. I have lost touch with Matt.  I think that member ancienrocka and his wife still stay in touch with Matt's wife so I would suggest a p.m. to ancienrocka

If it sounds interesting and the ancient one does not answer a pm (he has not visited this site for almost a year but I think he gets notified of pm's) then post again and I will email him to check for a pm.

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I haven't stayed there but have heard generally good things about Apartelle de Arcenas.

i have stayed at Arcenas several times. Very decent place. 

SNIXX
Posted
Posted

It is a nice place but I had two issues so I moved.

Internet was the worst I have ever experienced anywhere (worse then the typically bad internet in Philippines).

Utilities bills appear padded. For example water bill was over 500 p a month. Gas about 850 p.

A very nice gated property, friendly staff, clean, nothing stolen and no dodgy experiences.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Now I have a list of places to check out while I come to visit next week.  I'm planning on moving there for a year or two starting this September.  If I'm able to secure steady long term income (internet based or full time employment @ US based company) I will stay there much longer.

Thanks,

Andy

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Good luck and have fun IT G, hope you have a great recon trip. Do us a favor, don't drop off the grid during and after your trip. Let us know your impressions good and bad. To many times folks come to the forum asking questions and they are bombarded with the collective wisdom (COUGH) :1 (103):  of the group and we rarely get much feedback. Let us know warts and all........again GLHF. :cheersty:

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

You could start off at the Holiday Spa Hotel, which is smack in the middle of the place you are looking to settle. Good base of operations while you are looking in the area.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted (edited)

G'day!

I'm now in Cebu City, staying at Summit Circle hotel.  Would like to venture out this week to look at potential places to rent.  Prefer minimum 2bd/1ba condo, apt, or house.  Budget requires it be less than 30K pesos.  Since I won't be working, what areas within an hour's drive outside Cebu City would you recommend I look?

On Monday, I'm going to the Banilad area, just to get a feel for the place and check out the Apartelle de Arcenas.  I actually saw an ad on the tv here in the hotel for it, go figure.  This will as some have suggested give me a temporary place until I can find a more longer term place.

However, since I'm no longer constrained to live in Cebu City, I have a feeling that I will have a lot more options to choose.  My only criteria is reliable infrastructure (water, electricity, security, shopping nearby, and of course cable tv/internet connectivity).  Close to the beach would also be a plus.

Oh yeah, forgot to put furnished, I don't plan on lugging everything over from US.  Except my computer and assorted personal effects, which will fit in one or two BB boxes :)

Cheers mates and thanks for your assistance!

Andy

Edited by ITGeek