Texas Rex Bbq

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Went there last night and ordered the dinosaur platter half a chicken half rack of ribs 200 grams of smoked brisket all for 690 p

Very good stuff the beans were a little plain but came to life with a good shot of hot as hell sauce

It was more than the 2 of us could eat

I no longer miss blue buyout zydeco's

Located on as fortuna near banilad and they deliever pretty far

I love all the new high end food in Cebu the last couple years

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here's their menu to get an idea of what they have.

post-1-0-63880100-1402827372_thumb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/TexasRexBBQ

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Went there last night and ordered the dinosaur platter half a chicken half rack of ribs 200 grams of smoked brisket all for 690 p

Very good stuff the beans were a little plain but came to life with a good shot of hot as hell sauce

It was more than the 2 of us could eat

I no longer miss blue buyout zydeco's

Located on as fortuna near banilad and they deliever pretty far

I love all the new high end food in Cebu the last couple years

I really miss Dave's Kitchen in IT Park, they use to have the best BBQ steaks/ribs ever. It closed down about 5 months ago, not sure why...probably went out of business....for giving all you can eat steaks!.... :)

• Like 2

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

They are opening an Outback restaurant near MOA.  Its advertising itself as the biggest steakhouse chain in the world.  They any good

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

They are opening an Outback restaurant near MOA.  Its advertising itself as the biggest steakhouse chain in the world.  They any good

The Outback is funny. I have found it to be hit or miss. I have a feeling it is all about what kinds of cut of meat they have available in the area they are operating.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I love Texas steaks, barbecue and Tex-Mex cooking. Glad to hear they are opening more restaurants in the Philippines. The craving hits me at lease once every two weeks.

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

Here's their menu to get an idea of what they have.

attachicon.giftexrex.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/TexasRexBBQ

Thanks, now I'm starving! 

Americano
Posted
Posted

A good beef steak is hard to beat but finding one in the Philippines is hard to do.  Some say their beef is tender or imported but you won't know until you actually try to eat it. Some are like trying to eat shoe leather. I broke my partial a couple of times trying to eat it.  Recently the supermarket in the Carcar Gaisano started to have some very thin sliced beef that they say is imported beef. After my wife cooks it in our Pressure Cooker, which I highly recommend, you don't need a knife, you can pull it apart and it just melts in your mouth.  The taste is excellent too.

• 2 months later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

Me and my girl tried the Whole BBQ chicken and I must say it was tender and juicy. BBQ sauce was just ok,and cole slaw was a little bit different flavor.

akcebu
Posted
Posted

I suggest just buy the Aussie steak cuts at Rustan's (around 20$ -30$ per kilo), sprinkle with salt and pepper then grill at your backyard :)

Olio at Crossroads also serve good steak, though a bit pricey, they used to have a buy 1 get one free steak promo for 40$ Early this year, not sure if they still have that.

At Don Merto's near Vacation Hotel in Escario area, they used to serve good roast beef. The beehive restaurant along Ramos road used to serve ok steak too although sometimes smothered with too much sauce.

I loved David's too! Too bad they closed shop at IT Park and even their main branch in Mabolo closed too, I used to order the NY striploin there.

Do share if you find other good steakhouses here :)