Sushi Heaven

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I found the best sushi so far

Joed's luring hapon

Across the street and down a half block from the Sarraso hotel F Cabahug st Manolo

Its a Japanese calderia awesome food and cheap

Not a high class place no air con simple seating

Prices from 75 p for making rolls to 150

Spicy crunchy rolls as well as ramen and all the standards

This is my favorite new place to eat

• Like 2

crad
Posted
Posted

my favorite sushi restaurants are the revolving ones with conveyor belts, they are a right hoot. But never seen one in the Philippines.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

There is one in Ayala terraces but it has a very limited selection but its all you can eat for 300p

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I am a bit careful about eating raw food in the Philippines. That includes sushi. The refrigeration standards from source to restaurant is not the same as in other countries.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

my favorite sushi restaurants are the revolving ones with conveyor belts, they are a right hoot. But never seen one in the Philippines.

There's one in Mall of Asia. (No wonder you haven't seen it). It's 400 all you can eat. Moa is a bit crap for affordable food and I was tired of walking for miles around the mall so i just ate there. I wouldn't go back. That was before I discovered the 100peso pizza hut deal and the big monitors in the mall which guide you to stores (handy).

crad
Posted
Posted

conveyor belt sushi restaurants I have gone to in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur are not based on all you can eat. The food comes round in colour coded boxes, like one is 20, 30, 40, 50 and so on. You pay at the till at the end, the amount depending on what and how much you have eaten. They are not all that expensive either. Not dirt cheap, but not quite a lot of money either which I would class 400 pesos for a meal as being. Conveyor belt sushi restos are I think often situated in Japanese areas in big cities. Everyone knows that Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur have Chinatowns, but they also have Japanese 'towns' too. In Bangkok, the Japanese area, where there is a lot of Japanese themed places is around Sukhumvit Thong Lor skytrain station.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Tons of sushi trains or boats in Hong Kong and in China as well

Raw fish is called sushimi

Sushi is cooked

crad
Posted
Posted

I think they can have conveyor belt Dim Sums too, but I have never seen one. It is a Japanese idea.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In many Spanish Tapas bars, there would not be enough room, for a mechanised delivery/choice system. A lot of tapas bars use the coloured flag system.  post-2148-0-55586200-1403167459_thumb.jp     waiter/waitress comes around constantly with large trays of tapas) You choose an item/s and then depending on the flags ( each colour has a price) you have, you get charged, a little like the Sushi in a Box system. Putting the table area to full coverage,

A Boon at peak times.   post-2148-0-38255200-1403167486_thumb.jp

:tiphat:

crad
Posted
Posted

yes I was thinking that too. Like Dim Sum, Spanish tapas would lend itself well to being served by conveyor belt. The whole idea behind ithe Japanese idea was not for it to be like a novelty, but to keep costs down. You don't have to employ so many service staff.