Best Downtown Budget Hotel

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

SAMPAGUITA SUITES AT PLAZA GARCIA. Sampaguita Suites is a no-frills hotel that banks on providing a safe, convenient and comfortable experience to travelers.

It is advantageously situated near Cebu’s historical landmarks such as the Museo Parian and Heritage of Cebu Monument, and is easily accessible by several routes of public utility vehicles.

Plaza Garcia Bldg., Magallanes St., Cebu City, 505-3978, www.sampaguitasuites-cebu.com/

http://weekend.sunstar.com.ph/bestofcebu/2014/01/18/best-downtown-budget-hotel/

Hmmmm.....I don't know about "best" budget hotel, but apparently Sampaguita got voted best Downtown Budget Hotel of 2014. I must admit I use to stay here all the time a couple of years ago. But since I found the Holiday Spa Hotel I have never looked back. :)

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Always new places to stay

A few of my Favs with prices

Golden peak 1300p no breakfast nice rooms with a fridge

St Marks 1700 to 2000 p with a good breakfast buffet really nice rooms best in town IMO

Cebu r. 1300 no breakfast nice rooms book in advance always full

crad
Posted
Posted

dislike the area but would probably stay at the Century if duty called again, and I had to stay in that cesspit of an area. It is not even that much fun, to drive through it on a motorbike. Best time is early morning, if you do.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Ugg would not stay at the century if they payed me the 700 a night

I tried it once on a members suggestion what a sh&t hole

crad
Posted
Posted

they are all sh&tholes around there. I avoid the area completely. In fact just about everywhere in metro Cebu city is something to avoid. It is by far the least appealing metropolitan area in the Visayas. These days I just go in there and it is bam bam bam bam and out of there in about three days with always one eye, on the exit sign. It's a horrible place.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have stayed at the Cebu Business Hotel a few times. Its modern looking with an elevator, secure, nice clean rooms, quiet, has a restaurant on the 3rd floor, and its not too expensive. I like its location too on Colon St.

Standard Room  P1,280.

De Luxe Room  P1,730.

http://www.cebubusinesshotel.net/rooms.html

Century Hotel is a very old building with cock roaches running around the last time I stayed there and it didn't seem secure to me.

• Like 1

crad
Posted
Posted

I've stayed in hotels in most parts of Cebu city. The city is small so it does not really matter where you stay for convenience for the airport. Colon is not bad for convenience for especially the south bus station and not bad for the port, but Colon is really one of the less appealing parts of what remains a pretty unappealing city. It is good if you want buy cheap things in shops around there you will likely get better prices than anywhere else in Cebu in Colon. I do agree security at the Century is probably is not all that great. That is true of a lot of lower end places in Cebu. The Century is OK for closeness to 24 hours, and it is cheap there to have a ref - only 80 pesos on top of the room rate. But what should you expect in an area like that. It is just a seedy area. Women often do not even want to go there, whereas they will go to even Fuente, which is also a bit seedy, never mind like Banilad they do not like going to Colon as much.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I've stayed in hotels in most parts of Cebu city. The city is small so it does not really matter where you stay for convenience for the airport. Colon is not bad for convenience for especially the south bus station and not bad for the port, but Colon is really one of the less appealing parts of what remains a pretty unappealing city. It is good if you want buy cheap things in shops around there you will likely get better prices than anywhere else in Cebu in Colon. I do agree security at the Century is probably is not all that great. That is true of a lot of lower end places in Cebu. The Century is OK for closeness to 24 hours, and it is cheap there to have a ref - only 80 pesos on top of the room rate. But what should you expect in an area like that. It is just a seedy area. Women often do not even want to go there, whereas they will go to even Fuente, which is also a bit seedy, never mind like Banilad they do not like going to Colon as much.

Was it really the location or the company that they were trying to avoid?  Usually in an area where it's easier to meet a woman (for legal or otherwise considerations), the woman can be a lot choosier on who they will go with.  After all, when people are presented with negative thoughts about everything, I doubt even the "ladies of the night" want to do business.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Was it really the location or the company that they were trying to avoid?  Usually in an area where it's easier to meet a woman (for legal or otherwise considerations), the woman can be a lot choosier on who they will go with

There is NO ONE that the girls in Colon won't go with, for a small price.  But before we get too far along that course, there seems to be a new hotel advertised, and it seems to be near 'Our Place' that may be worth checking out.  

http://hotels-in-cebu.com/centerpoint-hotel-cebu-review/

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I've been told that it's a pretty good place for the price and location!

:thumbsup: