Laptop Keyboard Help

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I spilt water on keyboard and it stopped working.  Device manager says its fine. Rebooting does not help.  Using onscreen keyboard svcks.  Suggestions?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I spilt water on keyboard and it stopped working.  Device manager says its fine. Rebooting does not help.  Using onscreen keyboard svcks.  Suggestions?

Hairdryer ASAP.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

If it doesn't come back, plug in a usb keyboard.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hairdryer ASAP.

Also, if is was me...I would put it in a plastic bag full of rice overnight, after using hair dryer to dry best as possible.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

tx guys. will just have to get usb keybard. was only wondering if it was worth taking to repair guy

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

tx guys. will just have to get usb keybard. was only wondering if it was worth taking to repair guy

Probably not but maybe ask for quote to fix. The other option is to grant yourself a birthday present and buy a new lap top but you never know it might come OK eventually. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I had to buy a new laptop a fews years back after I spilled a glass of beer into the keyboard, and it toasted the motherboard.   kidding.gif   Damn that was an expensive beer.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

There is an Ebay dealer in HK who will ship new keyboards very reasonable. I got 2 of them for both my laptops at 2 different times. It was approx $20-$25 total including shipping. I can see if the site is still up and valid and can post the link if Tom says ok.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It was approx $20-$25 total including shipping.

Thanks but I am OK for now.  I picked up a 179 pesos USB keyboard that seems to be working.  Not as smooth a fit as the original laptop keyboard but the laptop is 6 years old and that's ancient in laptop terms so sooner or later will have to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

I now have my water in a glass with a lid so it will not spill so much so fast.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't know for your laptop model, but when the mousepad at my laptop broke - by much use  :)  - they told it's one BIG peace build TOGETHER, so much more than the mousepad would be needed to be replaced. This top sparepart would cost as half the price of a NEW laptop  :1 (103):   

So I made as you, conected a new one to USB.

• Like 1