Help Me Plan My Cordillera Vacation

crad
Posted
Posted

I'm giving it 2 weeks, leaving Manila after All Souls. So yes I know it will be cold. For the first time ever I am bringing a fleece with me to the Philippines and also I will be bringing a blanket from England in case a hotel does not have a good one, plus woolly hat and gloves for my friend.

so I get off the bus at Baguio. What do I do then.

where do I hire a motorbike, Baguio or elsewhere. If I can't get a motorbike then I'm not going. Are they really easily available to hire everywhere. Or just in a select few places.

itinerary and guesthouse suggestions welcomed.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Never been there myself so really interested to hear any feedback given on this. 

Edit:  SAO has been on my back for a cooler clime holiday within PI lol

Edited by BrettGC

crad
Posted
Posted

my friend who is from Davao but working in Manila (her job finishes a matter of days before I arrive) is looking forward to freezing her butt off. But I'm not sure I am. It is going to be feckin' freezing particularly on a motorbike at night.

I suggested Puerto Galera but she said no. She's been before and didn't like it. She said too many cheap girls, just like girls say there are too many cheap girls in Colon in Cebu city.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'm giving it 2 weeks, leaving Manila after All Souls. So yes I know it will be cold. For the first time ever I am bringing a fleece with me to the Philippines and also I will be bringing a blanket from England in case a hotel does not have a good one, plus woolly hat and gloves for my friend. so I get off the bus at Baguio. What do I do then. where do I hire a motorbike, Baguio or elsewhere. If I can't get a motorbike then I'm not going. Are they really easily available to hire everywhere. Or just in a select few places. itinerary and guesthouse suggestions welcomed.

Like Brett, i have never been, although, I have heard a lot of good things about the whole area.

I stored this web site away for a rainy day, maybe today, is that rainy day!

Hope it may be of some use to you.

http://www.gobaguio.com/general.html#.U6k1HpSSxCA

JP :tiphat:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

my friend who is from Davao but working in Manila (her job finishes a matter of days before I arrive) is looking forward to freezing her butt off. But I'm not sure I am. It is going to be feckin' freezing particularly on a motorbike at night.

I suggested Puerto Galera but she said no. She's been before and didn't like it. She said too many cheap girls, just like girls say there are too many cheap girls in Colon in Cebu city.

Provincial jealousy, gotta love it. 

• Like 1

crad
Posted
Posted

I have no idea if there are motorbike rentals. I would expect you could find something seeing as this is a tourist destination.

motorbike hire is absolutely, 100% ESSENTIAL. To the extent that nothing else matters. No motorbike hire, and at an affordable price too (300-400 a day max) and we're not going. It is that simple. There is no way I'm going to hire a bike in Angeles and drive all the way up there as a couple of other people have suggested I do. It is not that I could not do it. It is because I would not want to.

crad
Posted
Posted

once I have a bike sorted, the next thing is a good quality map of the region. Guesthouses and restaurants don't matter. They are no important as you can always get bed and food pretty cheap especially up there when aircon is even less required than elsewhere in the Philippines. With a bike and a map, then I can make a plan. I could extend the time as well, from 2 weeks which has got to be the minimum, to 3 weeks. But no more than 3 weeks.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have no idea if there are motorbike rentals. I would expect you could find something seeing as this is a tourist destination.

motorbike hire is absolutely, 100% ESSENTIAL. To the extent that nothing else matters. No motorbike hire, and at an affordable price too (300-400 a day max) and we're not going. It is that simple. There is no way I'm going to hire a bike in Angeles and drive all the way up there as a couple of other people have suggested I do. It is not that I could not do it. It is because I would not want to.

You might try to do an internet search for "motorbike rental baguio".

crad
Posted
Posted

I could but motorbike hire is not usually the kind of thing that works online, I have given my friend phone numbers of various budget accommodation places in Baguio to try as even though she is Bisaya it is better if she speaks to them in Tagalog than I do in English.

In the Philippines, unlike Thailand, it almost never occurs to guesthouses to have an ancillary motorbike rental service as an extra revenue generator. They are just weak, when it comes to the tourism business basically. I have not visited places before, because I was not confident I would be able to rent a motorbike. No bike, no trip. If I am not confident that I can sort one, then I am not going.