Help Me Plan My Cordillera Vacation

crad
Posted
Posted

this is what google turns up if you do a search for "motorbike rental baguio"

http://www.mabuhaybikes.com/

they seem to be based in Alaminos city, which is 130 km away from Baguio. In other words, better than Angeles, but not much better. Why should I have to go to Alaminos, for crying out loud, just to pick up a motorbike that I want to use in Baguio and around. Why can't I email them or call them there is no 'contact us' on the mabuhaybikes.com site. All I need is a bike, a map, and 2 helmets. I don't need a guide or anything although it would be nice to get the map out and look it over with them first. They also do not seem to publish their prices on the site but instead waffle on 'deals' and 'discounts'. Typical Philippines tourist garbage, basically. Who wants to book a motorbike online in advance. You should just be able to just pick one up, give them the cash (and passport or deposit) and away you go. And if you are paying any more than 400 pesos a day for a 125, then you are being ripped off.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

No thanks from you for my post on all the tourist stuff to do in Baguio. Just complaints about hiring a motorbike. Good luck with your Baguio visit.

• Like 5

crad
Posted
Posted

I have sent you a PM. I am not interested in any hotel recommendations or restaurants or things like that however someone else might benefit from your contribution there. The motorbike hire thing is really the only thing that matters for me. If that happens then everything else will fall into place. If it doesn't,  the $1,500 dollars I was planning on dropping in the Cordillera, will get dropped somewhere else.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Earthdome, thanks for the info mate, I found it very helpful.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Same here. I just saved all that info straight into my vacation folder without adding a word. Thanks Earthdome!

Sent from my Samsung Tab 3 while rubbing 2 monkeys together until they create enough smoke to send signals.

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Great information Earthdrome, well appreciated. Living so close in Angeles allows me to add to my potential destinations when I head up north. Many thanks for taking the time. I too simply copied and pasted into my travel folder.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

crad
Posted
Posted

I have got a guidebook that lists maybe 20 places to stay in Baguio, the prices of all of them, their phone numbers, where they are, and so on, so that is not a concern. What IS a concern, is whether I will be able to hire a motorbike easily as the guidebook does not list anybody. Having a motorbike is what the whole vacation will be based around, so yes it is the most important thing. Because one thing I do not want to do, is to get on a bus in Manila for 6 and a half hours only to get off and find out that nobody is renting out motorbikes in Baguio properly. I would guess that somebody probably is, but I would want to do more, than just guess. I would want some concrete information of the kind I would ber able to supply to someone who asked in maybe a dozen other locations in the Philippines where I would be able to give people information and even supply them with phone numbers they could not get on any website, which I have done on numerous Philippines travel and other forums for years. Ask me where to hire a motorbike in Dumaguete, and I'll tell you. Ask me where to hire a motorbike in Cebu, and I'll tell you. Ask me where to hire a motorbike in Siquijor, and I'll tell you. Ask me where to hire a motorbike in Camiguin, and I'll tell you. But I don't know where to hire a motorbike in Baguio which is why I posted the thread. I could always hire a motorbike in Angeles for 300 a day and take it on a long drive north - 170km which is a long way on a 125. Too long for me to want to do in one go although I am informed the last part of the drive is a corker. It is much better to hire one in Baguio rather than Angeles because it will take two days there on the way, and two days back, at the end. Which will eat into the 15-20 days I have put aside.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Perhaps you should of titled the topic, Help me find motorbike rental rather than "Help Me Plan My Cordillera Vacation" If you only want one piece of information only then ask the exact thing.

This is what you wrote in your first post, "so I get off the bus at Baguio. What do I do then".

So therefor if members answer your whole question you can put up with it, thank them or fuck off,,,,,,,,,,, get it ?

Now try this number,  +63 915 848 2730, https://www.facebook.com/rental.adventure.bikes

post-1-0-95185700-1403765052_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

crad
Posted
Posted

thanks I have sent them a message but don't like the sound of their prices. It says 10-30 ££££

10 $$$$ yes. 10 $$$$ 700 pesos for a 125 no. 400 pesos, OK, just about.

actually I wouldn't mind driving up from Angeles on a 300 a day 1800 a week bike I can get there, but if the girl cannot even handle Puerto Galera, then what is she going to make of Balibago. Perhaps I could meet her up in Baguio off the bus. If a Baguio 125 rental does turn out to be 700 then that is a non-starter.