Photos From Beautiful Bohol

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

Alona beach is a good place to stay because it has the most options for hotels and food. Annoyances do include salesmen of boat tours and constantly being shouted at "massage sir!," and "dinner sir! " and "ride sir!"

They seem to think if they keep repeating what they are selling then you will buy. In reality i just want to punch them in the face. Oh well.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yup! No matter where you go in this world, if you are in a tourist destination, expect the same treatment with lots of yelling, cajoling and annoyance. This public service announcement was brought to you by a native of Niagara Falls... :)

• Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
the road Tagbilaran to Jagna... good for up to 95 kmph if you are brave, have fast reaction times, and your motor has good brakes. https://fbcdn-sphoto...828160286_n.jpg
Only this link and the fourth worked for me :1 (103): :th_unfair: :boohoo: . Please post the pics in the forum I wanna see them all

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe if the mods want they can imbed the images by editing my post. I don't have any ability to edit it, now the post has been up a while.

Try to use a different web browser. Download Firefox. Or google chrome.

Edited by sandwichmaker

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Maybe if the mods want they can imbed the images by editing my post. I don't have any ability to edit it, now the post has been up a while.

Try to use a different web browser. Download Firefox. Or google chrome.

Most of the links are no longer working, I started downloading but then found at least half come up with an error or not found message. Nothing to do with browser.  :thumbsup:

post-1-0-97391800-1404557231_thumb.jpg post-1-0-03977500-1404557234_thumb.jpg post-1-0-98010700-1404557235_thumb.jpg post-1-0-87565600-1404557237_thumb.jpg

Americano
Posted
Posted

The statement, "safe in Bohol" is interesting and kinda of comical to me since I had a friend from the UK who owned 2 fishing boats, a business in Carcar and had a wife with a small baby. After the Typhoon that went through Northern Cebu Island and then the Earth Quake on Bohol where he has some friends and he finally when to visit them and saw how much damage the Earth Quake did he sold everything he had and was gone back to the UK in just a few days. He decided its too dangerous to live here.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

bugger, I've no idea why some of the pictures have failed. sorry. no intention to re-upload currently. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The statement, "safe in Bohol" is interesting and kinda of comical to me since I had a friend from the UK who owned 2 fishing boats, a business in Carcar and had a wife with a small baby. After the Typhoon that went through Northern Cebu Island and then the Earth Quake on Bohol where he has some friends and he finally when to visit them and saw how much damage the Earth Quake did he sold everything he had and was gone back to the UK in just a few days. He decided its too dangerous to live here.

My wife says she would not want to move there because of what has happened too, but i keep telling her no matter where you live its a risk, yes i am not stupid and i will think very hard before we call a place home, to me England is a dangerous place to be ok no earthquakes yet or tidal waves if you live in land, but give me Paradise any day compared to here

• Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

For some reason I couldn't view them :(

Americano
Posted
Posted

Steve,

I know the dangers of Typhoons and Earth Quakes too but I still chose to live here. The good things about living here out weigh the bad for me. Each person has to make their own decision. I was living in a building that proved to be dangerous during an Earth Quake so I moved to a building that has held up very well through the 2 strong Earth Quakes we had the past 2 years. And, I live far enough from the sea that I'm not too concerned about Typhoons. Just do like Manny said, bring loose items inside and stay inside or they will knock you out. haha  Well, that's what he says in his new commercial.

• Like 1