Helmets In Bohol

Thomas
Posted
Posted

But I think it's to low speed limites in many places, because the only - few - times I have had accidents are when I have driven SLOW so I lost concentration...)

Thomas, the real reason Sweden has so few accidents is because you guys can only drive half the year.................the rest of the time its dark and covered with snow :hystery:

But we DO drive during the dark part of year and when the roads are slippery because of the snow/ice, which make we have much HIGHER risks, but get LESS deaths by traffic accidents ANYWAY...   :)   

(I don't remember, but I believe Sweden had around 17 deaths by traffic during 2013 TOTALY.)

Americano
Posted
Posted

The law is the same in the Philippines as in the USA, you are only allow one back rider. More than 2 people on a motorcycle then you are overloaded and in violation of a LTO traffic law, therefore the argument that you cannot carry 4 helmets is not a valid argument.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Sweden have very few deaths in traffic... 

The price of gasoline in Scandinavian countries, especially Norway, is a good deterrent against traffic deaths. The preference is public transportation because it is cheaper.

The situation is different in the Philippines where motorcycles are preferred because of bad roads especially in more remote rural areas. Most Filipinos cannot afford the purchase price for a new or used car.

Hawaii does not require helmets. The number of injuries and fatalities are about the same as states with strict helmet laws. 

Americano
Posted
Posted

In Florida if you're under 18 or is it 21 then you're required to wear a helmet but if above the age then you get to make the decision.

Every state makes their own helmet laws so they vary from state to state but I never heard of a state that allows more than 2 riders on one motorcycle.

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

5 0n a bike and two babies with the "driver" doing a balancing act whilst texting!!

it is very difficult if not virtually impossible to text, while driving a motorcycle, unlike a bicycle. Have you ever tried it yourself. You have to be left handed for a start as right handers cannot usually text with their 'other' left hand and the right hand has to be continually on the rev while you are in motion. Left handers have a chance, but it is still very difficult. I am left handed and it is not unknown for me to get the phone out at lights and text while keeping my right hand on the rev, if I were right handed I would have to change gear to neutral to do this.  I have only seen one guy texting on a moving motorbike, he had no passengers and he was going at a very low speed, it was in the centre of Danao city. Of course he was left handed, or at least he was texting with his left hand it being impossible for a moving motorcycle to be driven by somebody texting with their right hand. So that basically rules out 90% of the population who are right handed from even attempting to do it.

I see them texting whilst driving a motorbike almost EVERY day. Not sure but it looks like they have their hands on the left sided clutch whilst doing so!!

I`ll see if I can observe in a safe manner more closely next time I pass the idiots!!

If not,I`ll get the Mrs to have a look.

Edited by fred

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Are all passengers of any size, weight and species required to wear a helmet?

Spotted these three in the Pampanga area.  The driver looked about 13-14.

post-1784-0-99514000-1403961733_thumb.jp

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

The law is the same in the Philippines as in the USA, you are only allow one back rider. More than 2 people on a motorcycle then you are overloaded and in violation of a LTO traffic law, therefore the argument that you cannot carry 4 helmets is not a valid argument.

Back in January Mayor Estrada tried to push through a law for Manila were no back passengers were allowed.  This was to combat "Riding in Tandem" crimes. If it passed or not I have no idea.  Other cities have taken up the idea and are trying to pass similar laws.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Back in January Mayor Estrada tried to push through a law for Manila were no back passengers were allowed.  This was to combat "Riding in Tandem" crimes. If it passed or not I have no idea.  Other cities have taken up the idea and are trying to pass similar laws.

Well. Not allowing one passanger would PUNISH the GOOD behaving people

while I asume robbers/murderers wouldn't bother about such law...

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I doubt that proposal will ever become law since motorcycles are designed for two people.  Is that the same Estrada that is in jail now for Port Barrel corruption?  If so, who would push through his proposal that most people will not support?