Welcome Cebu Pacific Air To Australia

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Might be good news for some. I found a return ticket for $561 which included 2 meals and 20 kg luggage each way with tax etc included. This was for October, Sydney to Manila. Probably not much good for me as the flights to Sydney and then fights to Cebu would most likely bring me up to about the usual cost.  :(

Hopefully they will expand to Brisbane someday but also it might put pressure on PAL who do fly from Brisbane.

Sydney Airport set to welcome Cebu Pacific Air to Australia

• Cebu Pacific Air to commence Sydney-Manila service in September

• New service to provide tourism benefits and more choice for passengers

• Strengthens Sydney Airport’s status as a low cost carrier hub

Sydney Airport is set to welcome low cost carrier Cebu Pacific Air to Sydney and Australia, with four weekly services to Manila from 9 September this year.

The number of services will increase to five per week later this year to coincide with the peak holiday season.

“Sydney Airport is Australia’s largest international low cost carrier airport, so we’re well placed to welcome Cebu Pacific Air to Australia for the first time,” Sydney Airport Chief Executive Officer, Kerrie Mather, said.

“Low cost carriers such as Cebu Pacific Air are increasingly popular with Australian travellers, and this new service will provide more choice and value for passengers travelling to and from the Philippines.”

The Cebu Pacific Air service will provide an additional 226,800 seats per year on the Sydney-Manila route.

“We expect both inbound and outbound tourism to grow as a direct result of this new service – with more than 170,000 passengers per year, including around 40,000 Filipino visitors a year with a total visitor expenditure of more than $74 million,” Ms Mather said.

Cebu Pacific Air will use a brand new A330-300 aircraft with 436 seats on the route.

“We are excited to launch our operations in Australia with the Sydney-Manila service and introduce our trademark low fares to the market,” Cebu Pacific Air General Manager for Long-Haul, Alex Reyes, said.

“Sydney is also the nearest airport for many Filipino expats, making this route a strategic expansion for our long-haul services.”

Cebu Pacific Air is the Philippines’ largest airline, serving a network of 34 domestic and 26 international destinations.

Seats are currently on sale at www.cebupacificair.com

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
“We are excited to launch our operations in Australia with the Sydney-Manila service and introduce our trademark low fares to the market,” Cebu Pacific Air General Manager for Long-Haul, Alex Reyes, said.

Alex Reyes is my nephew. I have been trying to convince him to start Cebu Pacific flights to the United States. Philippine Airlines needs a strong competitor to get them to lower prices. Unfortunately, Cebu Pacific needs to purchase additional long haul airplanes for their fleet.

• Like 5

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I spoke with one of the pilots from CebuAir the other day, and he told me they will be expanding to Perth early next year. That would be awesome if it happens.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My preference is Philippine Airlines, but I like Cebu Pacific out there competing. It helps to keep prices at a more reasonable level. We need Cebu Pacific on the West Coast!

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I spoke with one of the pilots from CebuAir the other day, and he told me they will be expanding to Perth early next year. That would be awesome if it happens.

Might be for you but unless you have a spare room for me nothing changes my end.  :)  Actually since my first post on this topic I did some more research and found it would still be beneficial financially to use the Sydney route but more time consuming and hassle. 

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Might be for you but unless you have a spare room for me nothing changes my end.  :)  Actually since my first post on this topic I did some more research and found it would still be beneficial financially to use the Sydney route but more time consuming and hassle. 

Tom if you get yourself over here, between me and John, we will find a place for you to stay :)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Tom if you get yourself over here, between me and John, we will find a place for you to stay :)

Isn't the Mrs going to get a say in this?

:mocking:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Even cheaper with a search done today  

post-1-0-17014700-1404967209_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Even cheaper with a search done today  

attachicon.gifcebu pacific cost.jpg

Very nice. Can't wait for them to come Perth way.

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
We need Cebu Pacific on the West Coast!
Yes indeedy!!!!
  • Like 1