Welcome Cebu Pacific Air To Australia

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Could use them in Canada (Toronto) also!  

How about Buffalo, NY?

:th_unfair:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I spoke with one of the pilots from CebuAir the other day, and he told me they will be expanding to Perth early next year. That would be awesome if it happens.

Might be for you but unless you have a spare room for me nothing changes my end.  :)  Actually since my first post on this topic I did some more research and found it would still be beneficial financially to use the Sydney route but more time consuming and hassle. 

Hey Tom, daughters gone back to Aus, her room is empty has a double bed and new mattress, you're always welcome, but is on Mactan Island, I will be back in Aus, Sat 26th if you want to chat.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hey Tom, daughters gone back to Aus, her room is empty has a double bed and new mattress, you're always welcome, but is on Mactan Island, I will be back in Aus, Sat 26th if you want to chat.

Sorry I did not see this post till now. Thanks for the offer but will be stuck here for some time yet  :cheersty:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So this is the reason Cebu Pacific flights will be cheaper.

With just under a month to go, Australians and Filipinos residing in Australia are eagerly anticipating the launch of Cebu Pacific's low-cost long haul service between Manila and Sydney. The carrier will begin flying between the two cities four times weekly beginning on September 9.

Although many benefits are expected of this new service, comfort is not one of them as Cebu Pacific brings the most "tightly packed flights" ever to operate on a scheduled basis from any airport in Australia. Cebu Pacific's Sydney route will be operated by the company's Airbus A330-300 with a whopping 436 economy seats, making it the most densely configured A330 aircraft anywhere in the world. 

That may indeed work well for the Filipino population including those residing abroad in Australia. However, it remains uncertain if the airline's tempting prices will be enough to lure Australian tourists into the cramped conditions, which do not include any sort of in-flight entertainment. 

The aircraft is configured with nine seats across in a 3-3-3 configuration. That gives passengers just 16.5 inches (41.9cm) between armrests, which represents a 3.75-5 centimetre reduction off of the standard economy configurations found in aircraft cabins across Australia on domestic and international services. In addition, passengers travelling with Cebu Pacific can expect at least 5 centimetres less legroom compared to the normal industry standards in Australia.

Cebu Pacific will eventually increase the service to five times weekly later in the year. The airline will be competing with other budget carriers that currently fly Australian passengers to popular tourist destinations in the region including Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Low-cost carriers Jetstar, Tigerair, and Scoot all presently operate direct services between Australia and Singapore, while AirAsia operates direct service to Malaysia and Indonesia.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Sorry I did not see this post till now. Thanks for the offer but will be stuck here for some time yet  :cheersty:

Yeah I know you're a busy man keeping this forum in some type of order :bash: . Any way the rooms still empty, offers still open :cheers:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah I know you're a busy man keeping this forum in some type of order :bash: . Any way the rooms still empty, offers still open :cheers:

Thats it Chris! I am moving in!...lol....only kidding...Mactan wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far for me :)

Edited by Medic Mike
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Thats it Chris! I am moving in!...lol....only kidding...Mactan wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far for me :)

Always welcome Mike, but I think you would have toooooooooooo many pretty young doctors or nurses to keep you company and a comfortable bed to lay your weary head. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Always welcome Mike, but I think you would have toooooooooooo many pretty young doctors or nurses to keep you company and a comfortable bed to lay your weary head. :thumbsup:

LOL....I wish....the Pinay doctors don't give me a second look, however the nurses are a different story :hystery:

• Like 1