Asiaphile ???

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I got an email from an acquaintance today and he wrote in it that he felt that most of the single non Asian men who live in or visit the Philippines and other parts of Asia were Asiaphiles. I had to ask him what he meant by it and it seems he feels that most of the single men go to those countries to use and abuse submissive women. I sure know that is not why I went there! What do you guys and gals think?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The term 'abuse' and 'submissive' are subjective. While there are certainly enough examples of bad / abusive relationships between men / women of all races, there is a disparity between the number of white males in relationships with asian women. So it is easy to pick us out and make subjective 'observations'.One interesting point that is often over looked are personality traits. While men (speaking here from male point of view) may openly state a preference for blondes or read heads, or large breasted women, or skinny women (cue Lee's coments to follow), and people take no notice or negative views. Well, what is wrong with looking for certain personality traits? The term submissive has a wide range of meanings. For me, I leave it up the the person living the situation. Does she feel abused? Assuming she is not beaten or starved or yelled at all the time, does she, as an indiviidual, feel that she is being abused or used because she is in a relationship with a white guy? Are her needs being met? Is she HAPPY? Speaking for myself again, I pay for everything and I have certain goals to accomplish. If a woman chooses to go along with me, am I abusing her? If we don't fight, is she being submissive or is she simply OK with the way I do things? If I find a woman who is asian and does not yell at me or fight with me and does not cause me problems, am I wrong to have a relationship with her? Or should I go out and find a woman who is opinionated differently than me, has goals different than mine and other 'issues' just so some nay sayer who does not approve of relationships between white males and asian women? Now, if all of you will please excuse me, I am gonna go see if my bitch has finished my laundry, has my dinner hot and ready and I tell you here and now, if she gives me any crap about massaging my shoulders whilst I eat and watch the game on TV, I will knock her into next week! Or maybe not.....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I got an email from an acquaintance today and he wrote in it that he felt that most of the single non Asian men who live in or visit the Philippines and other parts of Asia were Asiaphiles. I had to ask him what he meant by it and it seems he feels that most of the single men go to those countries to use and abuse submissive women. I sure know that is not why I went there! What do you guys and gals think?
I think many older men go there to find a wife who was like their mother,the old fashion type of wife. A wife who cooks the meal sets the table and washes the dishes,leaves the finances up to the husband and says nothing to keep the peace at times.That to me is the submissive type.Is there anything wrong with that,NO its something the modern western women is not anymore.As for abuse,I think abuse occurs any where in some relationships,you cant tell me all Filipino relationships are as sweet as pie!Now its true many men go to the Philippines for the bargirls,perhaps its a compliment to the ladies there otherwise the men would stay home with the selfish western women.I don't think this is abuse to be out with a bargirl unless the lady is not treated right but if thats the case the man would be the same at home.Anyway I don't know if your acquaintance is Filipino or western but perhaps needs to look in his own back yard with eyes wide open. :3_12_31[1]:

chelseajohn
Posted
Posted

Since he said ( most of the single non Asian men who live in or visit the Philippines ) he is thinking about the reputation Thailand has as the sex capital of the world,Most of us are not single, I came here for the sun , cost of living , and a wife who cares for me.I have all threeEveryone has an opinion I think his is wrong.John n

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Your friend has the same stereotype of Filipina women that led Alec Baldwin to make his statement about mail-order brides. If ignorance is bliss, they're the happiest guys in the world. I think its fair to say that most Filipinas are old fashioned by Western standards, but that does not mean they are submissive or tolerant of abuse.I'm much happier with a woman that will pay attention to me, take care of me, and make me the most important thing in her life. In my relationships with Western women, my wants and needs typcially came somewhere after the job, friends, and material pursuits.If preferring a wife that puts my well being at the top of her priorities makes me an Asiaphile, so be it. I can live with that label. If Amercian women had the same attitude I would likely have stayed there and gone about life happily as an Americaphile.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

First let me clear up something, I said acquaintance. I get a lot of emails from people all over the world, and this guy happened to be a round eye who had visited the Philippines and made an observation of his own. I was not happy with his comment either and that is why I asked him exactly what he meant by it and as long as he said most of the single men, he did not necessarily include all, I could accept his comment as a personal observation, probably a wrong observation, but maybe those were the men he met or bunked into while he was there. Also from my experiences and life in the Philippines, I think he left out many Asian men from other Asian countries, who also seem to go to the Philippines because they also prefer Philippine women, so what does that make them. AsianAsiaphiles SugarwareZ-005.gif I have to admit that I have always been attracted to Asian women since I was a young man, and I am not exactly sure what it is about them that, shall we say, turns me on and that I find very attractive. I think we all have different visual turn on's, and I do not feel that there is anything wrong with that. As Bruce said, some men like skinny ladies, some like fat ladies, some like blonde's and some like dark haired, etc, etc, so what does that make them, fatphiles, skinnyphiles, blondphiles, etc etc. Just because a man likes a particular type of lady and seeks that type of lady out, does not make them any different IMO than anyone else in this world, we all seek out the people and items that are visual stimulating and also our type of compatible friends. Do we not all buy different cars and in different colors, that is just another form of personal preferences and I know an object but I am just using those to show visual attraction, and liking Asian women is basically along the same lines, a preference, an attraction for a type of person both in looks and often in their behavior due to the difference in upbringing. I do not think a lady from the Philippines is an object and I think I treat my wife like a princess most of the time and maybe that is the stereotype that those women have of western men, men who will treat their wives with respect and kindness, yet we all know that many western men do not do that either, just like many Philippine women are not submissive in the sense that they will allow people to abuse them. I guess people will always put titles on what they do not understand, and had this man said that he thought a lot of single men visiting or living in the Philippines were sexpats, I might have to agree with him, but that is as long as he said a lot and not most.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
So an audiophile abuses stereo equipment?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
First let me clear up something, I said acquaintance. I get a lot of emails from people all over the world, and this guy happened to be a round eye who had visited the Philippines and made an observation of his own. I was not happy with his comment either and that is why I asked him exactly what he meant by it and as long as he said most of the single men, he did not necessarily include all, I could accept his comment as a personal observation, probably a wrong observation, but maybe those were the men he met or bunked into while he was there. Also from my experiences and life in the Philippines, I think he left out many Asian men from other Asian countries, who also seem to go to the Philippines because they also prefer
So what was he doing that he met all these single men "abusing" women? He should be careful when he points a finger three more are pointing back at him. Like the time I went into this place and there were all these girls in bikinis and guys hitting on them and paying to take them out. I was so disgusted I almost couldn't finish my 6th beer. Fortunately the girl finished changing clothes quick and we got out of there. SugarwareZ-007.gif How can those guys be like that?

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I like mine battered.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I like mine battered.
Do you dip them or just pour it over?