Where To Live In Cebu City On A Budget

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
And nobody really says Manila is a first class city that has every visited it . well maybe a small part of Makati could be considered kinda first class but boots on the ground will change your perspective .

Makati, Eastwood, The Fort, Greenhills, New Manila, Alabang are are oh so very very far from being third world.  I am not saying that they're first class all the way, but there are many homes that are far more upscale than residences you find in first class cities in North America.

• Like 2

fred
Posted
Posted

The R.P is certainly not for everyone,but to live in a self perceived purgatory just because you like the women here is frankly sad!!

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
The R.P is certainly not for everyone,but to live in a self perceived purgatory just because you like the women here is frankly sad!!

I think you're on to something.  True, the Philippines presented itself as an option because I am married to a Filipina, but we are moving because we are seeking a lifestyle that is just not available yearlong in Canada. 

I am talking about stepping out of our gate and onto the beach!  Island living for as long as we can stand it, and the occasional trip to Manila for socializing should we miss it.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Usually when the words third world & sh&thole are thrown around in a sentence - well I assume that's a negative. Good to know it's not

It usually is but you were the only one who used the word "hate". I've noticed that the people who get most offended by negative opinions are the ones who don't live here. Wonder why that is?

How can people be derogatory about a place and call it a sh&t Hole and not hate the place?  Oh, wait, there's already been at least one above who admitted he was only there for the cheap sex and that was the only reason he was in the Philippines.  

As for those of us who don't live in the Philippines and get offended by negative opinions?  Yeah, we do get offended by people who constantly refer to the Philippines as a sh&t Hole and not worth being in.  Funny how often the ones who say that are the ones there for the cheap sex?  Not all but some...  Members also get offended by those who denigrate and abuse the other members of this forum - such as telling a member he is wrong because he used a particular word over another.  Members get offended by those who blanket an entire group by saying they know nothing because they do not live in the Philippines.  Members are getting tired of being offended.

Before somebody comes back again with the "blowing sunshine up your ass" comment, many of us already know and understand the many negatives of the country.  We would even willingly discuss these but we end up spending our time trying to defend against comments such as the country is a sh&t Hole and only good for cheap sex.  I"d love to see some of these guys walk down a dark alley late at night and tell a bunch of Filipinos that!  They may think they have the right to say that then - if they can still talk - but I would prefer to think that the Filipinos were just being patriotic and proud of their country.  

incidentally, with a population of over 2 million people, Metro Cebu should fit just about anyone looking for an busy urban lifestyle.  If it didn't, why would the population be over 2 million?  If someone prefers a smaller town feel or even provincial life over the big city, fine! I do myself sometimes.  But that doesn't make Cebu a sh&t Hole - just a large urban center.  

• Like 3

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think you're on to something.  True, the Philippines presented itself as an option because I am married to a Filipina, but we are moving because we are seeking a lifestyle that is just not available yearlong in Canada. 

I am talking about stepping out of our gate and onto the beach!  Island living for as long as we can stand it, and the occasional trip to Manila for socializing should we miss it.

Us too! 

The Mrs and I spent 20 years in a third world England Sh@t hole before we came here to live whilst still in our early 40`s to vastly improve our standard of living.

The UK is NOT for me and I hope that I never have to return.

Nothing 3rd world about where we live on this beutiful island surrounded by white beach that shall not be named!!

Edited by fred
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The OP would probably be very surprised to see what happened to his simple question. Since he hasn't returned since he started it I will close it.