Posted
Posted

Post your internet speeds here to compare 

In Canada right now http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3662721179

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gold Coast, Australia: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3662755095

I'll ask Aines to do one from home in Negros.

I'm also looking for a free web based stability/quality test measured over time; it's just as important as speed to me.  

Edited by BrettGC

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-443-0-95770100-1406935482_thumb.jpg

In Canada now.     2800 pesos per month and i,m suppose to be getting 50 mbps download. Looks like I will need to call and complain.  When I,m in the Philippines I feel like i,ve gone back in time

Edited by sjp52

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

attachicon.gifSPEEDTEST.jpg

In Canada now.     2800 pesos per month and i,m suppose to be getting 50 mbps download. Looks like I will need to call and complain.  When I,m in the Philippines I feel like i,ve gone back in time

Sad thing is, in Australia, the speeds I posted are considered a little above average.  We do lag behind the rest of the world with regards to internet speeds.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

From our place in Guihulngan:  0.98mbps down, 0.31 up.  Not a pretty picture but it was raining when she did the test (Smart through the air connection), it is significantly better on a clear day but at this time of year you may as well just give up on that.  

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

here is a previous topic about what is your internet speed in the philippines

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/16230-whats-your-speed/

http://www.ip-adress.com/speedtest/

my results just a few minutes ago.

Philippine Telelgraph & Telephone Speed Test Results From 103.21.170.x Download Speed:108 kbps (13.5 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed:235 kbps (29.4 KB/sec transfer rate) -
Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Americano
Posted
Posted

Carcar, Cebu Provence  3.19 Mbps Download, 0.57 Mbps Upload

http://www.speedtest.net/?a=1

You are doing good if you can get anything above 3 Mbps Download Speed in the Philippines. The Globe Contract even says up to 3 Mbps so it can be less than 1 Mbps and they are still fulfilling the contract.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

On Wiki can be found the various frequencies 2G-3G and LTE used by different providers. GSMarena has the specifications for many phones. Philippine brand phones may not be listed but most of the Philippine phones are some other manufacturers phones rebranded

I found a page online once that told where on Cebu LTE service was available. I think it was a user compiled database as it mentioned hospitals and churches as landmarks.

Once you know what frequency you need then I would think about better hardware. For 3G you want HSPA+ so you have two channels for information download. HSPA+ is supposed to be up to 42 Mbps. HSDPA is supposed to be up to 21Mbps. A phone that may be perfectly adequate in a first world country, or even a high end HSDPA phone, may not work well in the Philippines. I think the reverse may also be true. I had a low end Samsung that never worked well in my part of the US but worked wonderfully in the back of beyond on Mindoro Philippines in Calocmoy, maybe because data users were rare, It was like having a superhighway to myself and driving a Yugo! Smart was the better service there, or so I was told and that is what I used. Ten kilometers away may have been a totally different story.

Calocmoy is the middle of nowhere, if you don't believe me, look it up on a map. :thumbsup:

Edited by robert k

i am bob
Posted
Posted

On Wiki can be found the various frequencies 2G-3G and LTE used by different providers. GSMarena has the specifications for many phones. Philippine brand phones may not be listed but most of the Philippine phones are some other manufacturers phones rebranded

I found a page online once that told where on Cebu LTE service was available. I think it was a user compiled database as it mentioned hospitals and churches as landmarks.

Once you know what frequency you need then I would think about better hardware. For 3G you want HSPA+ so you have two channels for information download. HSPA+ is supposed to be up to 42 Mbps. HSDPA is supposed to be up to 21Mbps. A phone that may be perfectly adequate in a first world country, or even a high end HSDPA phone, may not work well in the Philippines. I think the reverse may also be true. I had a low end Samsung that never worked well in my part of the US but worked wonderfully in the back of beyond on Mindoro Philippines in Calocmoy, maybe because data users were rare, It was like having a superhighway to myself and driving a Yugo! Smart was the better service there, or so I was told and that is what I used. Ten kilometers away may have been a totally different story.

Calocmoy is the middle of nowhere, if you don't believe me, look it up on a map. :thumbsup:

If I don't upgrade to a Nexus 5, I"ll be bring my old Nexus 4 with me.  If I"m gonna use an Android phone, why not go to the people who own Android? (Notice I did not say "the people who designed Android"...   :mocking: )

i am bob
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifSPEEDTEST.jpg

I was halfway between my place and yours today...  I wonder if I was going faster than your internet?

:mocking:

• Like 1