Old55
Posted
Posted

Well said my friend.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
You know, arriving to PI with undesirable or hidden baggage(s). Part of the long term planning for your 1st visit to PI, is to do a serious self check (thank you Jon1 for that reminder).  If we are really serious about our life as we grow older (maybe with serious ailments), one must consider giving your potential wife an equal opportunity to also decide if you are the Mr Right. 

This is a great thread, I was sort of wondering about this type of thing. I have been married twice before, first wife cheated on me and we divorced and second wife passed away. Are these things deterrents for a Filipina? Also I don't feel like walking around advertising my past to people, although I have no problem if people ask why I am not married, I would just say "My wife passed away" and leave it at that until I knew them better. Would a Filipina think you are hiding things from her if you told her later more details and that I was married once before too?

• Like 3

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

I don't think that the way you present yourself that it will be an issue. I have a very similar history. Come home from my first deployment with 1st wife 2 months along - had been gone for 4 months... Common story. Remarried 2 years later @ 20 years old only to have my wife killed in a car accident. For the better part of a decade when asked I simply told the truth - I'm widowed.

Adults have baggage be it an ex, kids, personal history. You don't have to feel obligated to bare your soul to someone you are just getting to know.

After we had been dating for a while and I discussed my 1st wife with my Mrs, I answered the question of why didn't you tell me sooner with "have you told me all the details of your old Boyfriends?"

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

You know, arriving to PI with undesirable or hidden baggage(s). Part of the long term planning for your 1st visit to PI, is to do a serious self check (thank you Jon1 for that reminder).  If we are really serious about our life as we grow older (maybe with serious ailments), one must consider giving your potential wife an equal opportunity to also decide if you are the Mr Right. 

This is a great thread, I was sort of wondering about this type of thing. I have been married twice before, first wife cheated on me and we divorced and second wife passed away. Are these things deterrents for a Filipina? Also I don't feel like walking around advertising my past to people, although I have no problem if people ask why I am not married, I would just say "My wife passed away" and leave it at that until I knew them better. Would a Filipina think you are hiding things from her if you told her later more details and that I was married once before too?

Hello Big El,

I hear ya Bro.....in that regard about your tragic loss -- it should be no business for anybody else to know.  It is personal

and obvious still very painful for you.  And you shouldn't be ashamed or guilty keeping that strictly confidential.  

The hidden baggage I was talking about is more obvious or extreme.  Things like an alcoholic or drug abuse problems

or unstable violent personality or just a plain dirt bag preying on the young innocent Filipina or Filipino.  

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
For the better part of a decade when asked I simply told the truth - I'm widowed. Adults have baggage be it an ex, kids, personal history. You don't have to feel obligated to bare your soul to someone you are just getting to know. After we had been dating for a while and I discussed my 1st wife with my Mrs, I answered the question of why didn't you tell me sooner with "have you told me all the details of your old Boyfriends?"

The hidden baggage I was talking about is more obvious or extreme.  Things like an alcoholic or drug abuse problems or unstable violent personality or just a plain dirt bag preying on the young innocent Filipina or Filipino.  

Thanks guys, this clears things up a lot. I feel better knowing it's just issues like that and not what I mentioned. Oh also any timeline you put on when to tell such personal details such as you mentioned?

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

When you feel like sharing the time is right.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

When you feel like sharing the time is right.

Cool. I wasn't sure if that might be one of the things that was culturally different but it seems like it is universal. I have run into women that didn't want a relationship because they wanted to know before the time is right. Thanks.

• Like 1