Not The Best Chicken Eatery

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Went to a place we saw advertised on the local news channel here in Bacolod called Aida's Chicken .... my asawa was all excited as the TV gave glowing reports about the place .... it is located in the food stall area behind SM .... the place is rustic to say the least and all the masks hanging on the walls and ceiling are actual masks worn in the various Masskara festivals held here in Bacolod .... wait staff were pleasant and courteous but for me the chicken sucked .... it was fresh and cooked to order (not left over) but done with to much soy sauce and kinda salty (from the soy sauce ??) .... didn't bother to copy the menu because it was all in Ilongo (native language here in Bacolod) and it included every part of the chicken you could imagine except the teeth ..... and I'm not sure they were not there some where ..... I'm not a big rice eater but to me the rice was the best part .... :hystery:  :thumbsup:

Here is some pictures of the place and me trying out my new camera which I don't have the hang of yet .... my old Nikon CoolPix crapped out .... but more on that another time ....

post-11-0-92864700-1407904909_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-23605900-1407905422_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-09615600-1407905887_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-82024100-1407906537_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-78052500-1407907356_thumb.jpg  post-11-0-28624400-1407908155_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-09957900-1407908693_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-09639000-1407909156_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-49487900-1407909208_thumb.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures posted but I had my pix set at an ungodly rate and it took a full 10 mins each for the first 7 pics to load on the board ..... :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Went to a place we saw advertised on the local news channel here in Bacolod called Aida's Chicken .... my asawa was all excited as the TV gave glowing reports about the place .... it is located in the food stall area behind SM .... the place is rustic to say the least and all the masks hanging on the walls and ceiling are actual masks worn in the various Masskara festivals held here in Bacolod .... wait staff were pleasant and courteous but for me the chicken sucked .... it was fresh and cooked to order (not left over) but done with to much soy sauce and kinda salty (from the soy sauce ??) .... didn't bother to copy the menu because it was all in Ilongo (native language here in Bacolod) and it included every part of the chicken you could imagine except the teeth ..... and I'm not sure they were not there some where ..... I'm not a big rice eater but to me the rice was the best part .... :hystery:  :thumbsup:

Here is some pictures of the place and me trying out my new camera which I don't have the hang of yet .... my old Nikon CoolPix crapped out .... but more on that another time ....

Why you little chicken chit......where's the photos??

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  ..... see my explanation at the end of the photos that are now posted ....  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
and it included every part of the chicken you could imagine except the teeth .

If they do have them let me know, I heard they were rare.   :)

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gif001.JPG   attachicon.gif003.JPG   attachicon.gif004.JPG

attachicon.gif005.JPG   attachicon.gif007.JPG  attachicon.gif008.JPG

attachicon.gif009.JPG   attachicon.gif010a.jpg   attachicon.gif011a.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures posted but I had my pix set at an ungodly rate and it took a full 10 mins each for the first 7 pics to load on the board ..... :hystery:

Good to read we can cross that one off the list.

Tried the Chicken House on Lacson St recently, was nice, but would not rave about it.

The Negros Museum Cafe on Gatuslao St seems to worth a shot. Read rave reviews about it.

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted (edited)

My last trip there the seafood place palapala was excellent its on 18th street  

The museum cafe is awesome not cheap but worth it 

I also enjoyed Mo2  decent place good band 

I really like Negros the more I go 

Edited by cebu rocks
  • Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

My last trip there the seafood place palapala was excellent its on 18th street  

The museum cafe is awesome not cheap but worth it 

I also enjoyed Mo2  decent place good band 

I really like Negros the more I go 

Thanks a bunch for this useful info.

Also enjoyed MO2 in Cebu for occasional night out. Heard Palapala is good so keen to try. Also museum cafe.

So far Bobs at riverside has been my choice, unfortunately we freeze there with air con always full.

Yes for me Negros is far better preferable to live than Cebu, much more laid back. Used to love Dumaguete, now just enjoy the evenings there. Somehow it seems to bursting during the day. Traffic at times is a real pain.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So far Bobs at riverside has been my choice, unfortunately we freeze there with air con always full.

Can you wait until I get there in November? I'll get to the air con then... :)

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Mike S, If you want good chix, go to San Juanokan. It's located on the corner of San Juan & San Sabastien St.

• Like 4

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heres a good list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50SONQ1s4nU

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
embedded
  • Like 4