Not The Best Chicken Eatery

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

The more I hear about Bacolod them more I think I will need to add this place to my list of places to go!

Was there once, in fact the first time I came to The Philippines, was going to Lamdas and was told to take the flight to Bacolod and then take the bus! Boy what a mistake that was....., long trip, not so nice bus, dangerous roads etc etc etc. 

From then on just flew into Dumaguete, which was much easier for where I was going, and enjoyed the landing coming in from over the water!

Did get to see a little of Bacolod through the window of the bus, but that was it!

Papa Carl

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Bacolod is awesome almost a different country lol  super wide roads with people who drive much better ,very clean,lots to do, friendly people, cheaper to live , I would move there in a heart beat but the wife does not speak the local lingo and it would be hard on her

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Heres a good list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50SONQ1s4nU

Okay,

After watching that I'm ready for dinner!

RBM
Posted
Posted

Bacolod is awesome almost a different country lol  super wide roads with people who drive much better ,very clean,lots to do, friendly people, cheaper to live , I would move there in a heart beat but the wife does not speak the local lingo and it would be hard on her

Interesting comments as my G F has same thoughts about language being from Cebu.

I have a slightly different perspective of Bacolod. The above comments remind me of Bacolod about 8 years ago being my first visit. At that time traffic was amazingly polite, often stopping and waving motorcyclist through. Sadly no more, it now reminds me more and more of Cebu, dog eat dog attitude.

The area south of the Plaza reminds me down town

Colon Cebu, dirty with many side walk vendors. Lacson street is like another world, lovely shopping and eating is the best. Unfortunately the lovely wide streets are rapidly filling up with SUVs.

In all we enjoy our twice a month visits especially the fantastic mall at Talisay.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Along with Mike's post for steaks at ANB on Lacson, for eateries besides the malls, down the street there is L Fisher main floor and Le Chateau on the rooftop. Bar 21 and Bob's are further down at 21st Street. There are 3 Pala-Palas. There are 3 pastry cafes near L Fisher, one being Calea. For pizza, we like any of the 6 Green-Os. L'Sea is good for Asian dishes.There is a small hamburger place across from ANB.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We came from Cebu City and after living there for 5 years it was a VERY refreshing change when we moved here in Jan. 2012 .... other than missing the variety of products offered in Cebu we would not change anything about Bacolod ..... the people are much friendlier ..... the crime is no where near as great (but then neither is the population) .... we find the cost of living to be a bit cheaper .... especially fresh veggies ..... housing etc. ..... of course the places like SM ... Ayala etc. remain the same ..... and for me the key factor is the driving ..... in Cebu I only drove on Sunday mornings in the city but here I drive anytime I want ....

As far as language my asawa said if she speaks Tagalog and or English she will be understood unless you live in the province .... remember half of the island (the eastern half) speaks Cebuano and she will pick up the local lingo fairly quickly but there are some word differences .... ex. dong becomes toto or to for short (long 0) ...... my asawa speaks Ilongo .... Tagalog and Cebuano but then she was raised here in Negros but lived in Manila for 20 years .... has your partner been here for a visit .... if not try it she might be surprised ..... JMHO .....  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I've been to Bacolod - not too far from Iloilo.  I enjoyed it but we had a cousin and her husband tag along as our "guides"  And I finally had to almost yell at her to quit spending my money.  What a mooch (and they both work full time!).

Nice town, and seemed to be a lot to do there - especially compared to Iloilo.

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Yes we spent a week on Negro not that long ago  . I liked Bacolod a lot smaller town feel still to me anyway .  I really really liked Canalaon City but just to remote .