Npa - What Is It?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Long post and a bit of a rant

Everyone here goes on about what a great organization the NPA are.  But they are one of only two  proscribed terrorist organizations in the Philippines the other being Abu Sayyaf. So do we class Abu sayyaf in the same light as they provide policing and aid to the local communities where they operate. Their all purpose is to bring down the democratic elected government of the Philippines and replace it with a Maoist style government. As an ex member of HM Armed Forces during the so called Troubles, it's annoying to say the least, to see people implying that its ok those shot were were only security forces.  The examples I will quote are walking grenades through a checkpoint and acting as lookout for an interrogation.  Both are not low level support those are full blown terrorist activities.  Sorry about the rant its what I believe should be thought of terrorist organizations.  

Well. WHO say NPA are "terrorists"?...

Many tell freedom fighters "terrorists", although it's them they are fighting, who are the terrorists...

In several countries it's the GOVERNMENT, who are the terrorists   = TERRORISE the people,

I DON'T count freedom fighters as terrorists IF they only ATTACK government forces and people with power, who support the government.

Some examples of terrorism from them with POWER in Phils:

/MURDER in Bukidnon of a journalist, who was known for protesting against corruption and POWER ABUSE by politicians...

/MURDER in South Kotobato of A LOT of journalists and others, who were there to check if an ELECTION WAS CORECT DONE.

There are many POLITICAL MURDERS in Philippines. Do anyone ELSE than the rich have chance to winn the elections...? Not much democracy...

If my farm (my only livelihood) was confiscated by the Marcos cronies, (guns, goons and gold) I would seriously consider signing up as a mountain guerilla. I lost everything, so I might as well fight to the death in getting my family, my land and my honor back.

Exactly!

Btw - Back when the Chile military TOOK the power - supported by USA - from the DEMOCRATIC elected and murdered them, many of the Chilenians, who were against that had to run abroad to avoid being killed, ended up in Sweden, so I got to know several of them, They were called "communists", although their oppinions were FAAAR from communism, even more away than mine, who are more away than the Swedish government back then (=Social democrats).

Many call (poor) freedom fighters "communists" UNDEPENDING of what political oppinion they have, often the freedom fighters don't have any other than wanting things to be fair...

• Like 3