Own Property?

robert k
Posted
Posted

RBM, I hear you. I have no answer. I do know I have not heard any ideas that sound really secure and I have been studying for some time. It does not have to go wrong, I think there is just too much potential for it to go wrong. I hope it all works well for you as you want no more than I would want.

RBM
Posted
Posted

RBM, I hear you. I have no answer. I do know I have not heard any ideas that sound really secure and I have been studying for some time. It does not have to go wrong, I think there is just too much potential for it to go wrong. I hope it all works well for you as you want no more than I would want.

Quite a predicament many of us so called foreigners find ourselves in. We hear so much about tragic cases that have derailed, I suspect for every failure there are many more successes which we rarely hear about.

The Filipino family being as it is one must carefully consider their partners situation, and influence their family could play in the future. Never forget normally these people are inherently far more patient than westerners. When I say family, meaning also distant cousins whom will have influence

Yesterday we viewed a place from the internet, suddenly the price increased P200k, When I question this as skin tax, the vendor replied, no sir, my cousin whom is an attorney told me this is the price. Immediately he was informed, no further interest.

Above all we must strive to keep our relationship on a stable footing, this perhaps may not be a bad thing.

robert k
Posted
Posted

RBM, think positive, what are the odds that the property had clear title? Sorry bad joke. I would be looking at the bank for forclosed property, that the bank made sure they have good title to. I get the feeling that maybe 1 in 10 properties for sale have up to date title, even fewer that have up to date title and taxes. I think it would truly suck to find a place you like, go through negotiations and have the rug pulled out ftom under you at the last minute that the sellers are not the full owners and have to start over. I saw one house that was for sale encroaching on a right of way, nice house, reasonable price, but one day, someone is going to try to extort money or the house will have to be torn down. :no:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here is a small 'counter' to the skin tax RBM mentioned:

My gf (and I) just bought a tiny little townhouse. When I looked it over with the engineer I noted that we have a larger front parking area than some of the other units.  I asked and he said there is an extra charge per sq m and some prefer the smaller lot (they are ALL small by my reckoning).  Anyway, we have the contract already and there is no extra charge for the larger lot.

So my gf asked discreet questions of the saleslady and she was informed that we got special treatment because we are paying cash while filipino customers usually get pagibig financing and it takes a year for the developers to get their money that way.  Sounds like reverse skin tax to me.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
My gf (and I) just bought a tiny little townhouse.

Congratulations! I am surprised. No snoozing or losing for you. Probably not even time for a nap.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I watched a Jack Northrup video on youtube where he was  being showed the best house in a particular subdivision which cost roughtly $66k if financed and $59.5k if paying cash.