Getting Home Internet Set Up, No Joke.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wow, I must admit I find this surprising. I have lived in 4 different areas of Manila, (one being Bagong Silang, which most taxi drivers do not want to go to for fear of their safety) and I have had no difficulty getting internet, that includes Makati, Pasig, and Ortigas.

Additionally I have lived in three different areas of Angeles, and had no problem getting internet in our house. In most cases, ordered it, and it was installed the next day. In my current home, we ordered it on a Saturday, and they installed in the next day! Yes that is right on a Sunday!

Papa Carl

Same experience no problem at all. In fact last move the installers were chasing us as we were the unreliable ones.

• Like 1

alsuave
Posted
Posted

In Cebu, PLDT took about a month to install my internet. In Olongapo the took 2 weeks. I was not impressed.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

PLDT said it would take 3 weeks to hook up DSL. I got my DSL from Bayan and they had me hooked up in 4 days.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

All the technicians I've met during installations and service calls were 3rd party contractors, not employees of Globe, PLDT, etc. 

Americano
Posted
Posted

A Filipina can't open an Internet account, lets see what are the possibilities? 

(1) She already has an account at another location and is not allowed to open a new account.

(2) She had an account with the company but didn't pay the final bill(s) so they don't trust her now to open a new account.

(3) She has to chat secretly because her boyfriend or husband doesn't allow her to have Internet at home due to jealousy.

If its not one of these 3 reasons then what could it be?

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

The wimax lte aerial is not in line of sight with the nearest tower. You get refunded your money and they contact you about other possibilities  Happened to me last week

jon1
Posted
Posted
(1) She already has an account at another location and is not allowed to open a new account.   (2) She had an account with the company but didn't pay the final bill(s) so they don't trust her now to open a new account.  

These are legitimate reasons that believe it or not happen quite frequently. I have also seen where the renter failed to pay his bill and the follow on renter had to pay a higher deposit as a consequence. I know, no logic on how a follow on renter is a higher risk than the previous one.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

(1) She already has an account at another location and is not allowed to open a new account.   (2) She had an account with the company but didn't pay the final bill(s) so they don't trust her now to open a new account.  

These are legitimate reasons that believe it or not happen quite frequently. I have also seen where the renter failed to pay his bill and the follow on renter had to pay a higher deposit as a consequence. I know, no logic on how a follow on renter is a higher risk than the previous one.

A neighbor lady got 3 consecutive renters of the same house to get internet service for her and then stuck each one with her not paying the bills. She has a few Western Union boyfriends and a few Filipinos too. She was educated at Scam School.

• Like 1

tweetie
Posted
Posted

Hi..if she is in manila...its easy to get internet...unless she has outstanding bills with the 4 major service companies here: pldt, globe, smart and sun

just get a broadband or a wifi...after 24 hours you wil have internet access but the reliability of this is based on what area you live in, i suggest if she knew people who uses broadbands or wifi... borrow to test each service company first at her place so she can be sure which has the most reliable signal

pldt dsl is cable based so pldt has to check if they have free line in your area, i tried tht just two months ago and they cant connect me coz they dont hve free cable line in my place i will hve to try again later if they will hve new cable connection in my area, pldt wont tell you tht they cant connect you..i hve to call them again to find out what happend with my cable connection :rolleyes:

smart works well in aurora, pasay and pulanglupa, las pinas :)

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

A Filipina can't open an Internet account, lets see what are the possibilities? 

If its not one of these 3 reasons then what could it be?

Glaringly obvious, she doesn't want to spend the money. Fine by me. Her parents have internet and she's going there more often so we can chat. And her work has i'net of course. 

Edited by sandwichmaker