Please Help Me. I'm Being Seduced !

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are willing to bring your prayer mat, convert to Islam, and support 4 wives then I am sure you will have a great time.  :mocking:  (religion, percent. Islam. 44.6%)

Yeah well not being the least bit religious I find most religions a bit of a pain. But as long as I'm not personally affected

I'm happy to let people get on with it. Some things annoy me though. Why, on the dating sites, are most of the filipinas

god fearing ? And why are they so proud of being afraid of god? and why do they want to get together with someone else

who's also afraid of god?  (must be god fearing )

Truth is though I'm just playing devils advocate for all you Philiphiles ( Hey I think I just coined a new word)

Yes I want to look at Penang. Also Nha Trang and some other places too, but I think PI is the place for me.

Edited by Classic Dry
  • Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are willing to bring your prayer mat, convert to Islam, and support 4 wives then I am sure you will have a great time.  :mocking:  (religion, percent. Islam. 44.6%)

Yeah well not being the least bit religious I find most religions a bit of a pain. But as long as I'm not personally affected

I'm happy to let people get on with it. Some things annoy me though. Why, on the dating sites, are most of the filipinas

god fearing ? And why are they so proud of being afraid of god? and why do they want to get together with someone else

Must admit I am the same as far as religion is concerned, just not for me. As for the god fearing bit, imho I think most filipina's just put that in their profile, after meeting some here, they don't seem to be all that religious, they go to church on occasion but don't seem all that fanatical and they certainly don't preach their religion to you.

When you go to Vietnam, grab a fast cat from Saigon and check out Vung Tau, takes about 45 mins for about $10 aus, nice place, lot's of little bars, plenty of resto's and some really gorgeous woman. It was the aussie base in the war but there is no animosity towards aussie now, spent many a happy hour on the beach there at sunset, sucking on a coldie, oh happy days.

Could have just as easily lived there.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Must admit I am the same as far as religion is concerned, just not for me. As for the god fearing bit, imho I think most filipina's just put that in their profile, after meeting some here, they don't seem to be all that religious, they go to church on occasion but don't seem all that fanatical and they certainly don't preach their religion to you.

When you go to Vietnam, grab a fast cat from Saigon and check out Vung Tau, takes about 45 mins for about $10 aus, nice place, lot's of little bars, plenty of resto's and some really gorgeous woman. It was the aussie base in the war but there is no animosity towards aussie now, spent many a happy hour on the beach there at sunset, sucking on a coldie, oh happy days.

Could have just as easily lived there.

post-686-0-57561800-1408688930_thumb.jpg

How come you Aussie guys are having all the fun?  You guys must have found the fountain of youth.

All that Asian flavor in your own backyard from Australia.  Gotta love them Bushmen!  

Seduced again -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I lived in Malaysia before moving to the Philippines.

I lived in Klang, which was about 1 hour drive from KL, went to Penang often, not just because it is one of the best places in Malaysia, and still in many ways "British" compared to most other areas of Malaysia, but also because it was an easy and inexpensive trip to Hat Yai in Thailand.

I did love Malaysia, truly a first world country in regards to Health, Transportation, Education etc. and most the people were very friendly, however I do need to point out;

My second Home Program, had problems for me, the deposit required was much higher than in the Philippines, I was not allowed to use any of that deposit, for the entire time that I lived in Malaysia, I could use a percentage of the deposit for home improvement and other property related items, but had to pay it back into the deposit eventually.

This program, is only, only, only for retirement, as you are discouraged or prevented from owning a business that is perceived to take income away from Malays, and there are very few opportunities within the program. (if you are not Malay, even if you are born in Malaysia, you do not have the same rights as does someone of "Malay" decent).

The current political party, who governs Malaysia, and has since it gained independence from Britain I believe, are accused of mass corruption, but have traditionally held a strangle hold on the political system, and even the opposition who have gained more popularity, only because there are several different parties who have banded together, are currently falling apart.. due to corruption issues.

There is corruption, quite a bit of corruption, can't count how many times near the end of the month we were stopped by police on the road and made to pay an "on the spot" penalty for something or another, that was not true, in other words we were not speeding, there was nothing wrong with the car etc.

Don't get caught in any bar, or club where there are "Muslim" girls inside, they can be "publicly whipped" and you can spend a very very long time in jail, or pay a very very heavy "get out of jail" penalty. That includes popular spots in KL like the Beach Club which traditionally is full of beautiful Filipinas every night.

The Muslim Council supersedes the official government, and quite often the Unofficial "Muslim Police" raid and enter establishments without warrants etc. and they go unchallenged!

If you are caught having or accused of having pre marital sex with a Muslim woman....., well just bend over and grab your family jewels, as it may be the last time you have the opportunity!

You need to learn the history of Malaysia, and how it is governed, with a dozen or so Kings who rotate being the "person" in charge, and how that influences the "official government" stance and laws.

It definitely depends on which "province" of Malaysia you live in as to whether it is "friendly" towards foreigners, or down right "hostile" towards them.

Lastly in regards to Filipinas in Malaysia, I believe there are more of them in Malaysia than any other asian country including Hong Kong, however many are there illegally, and working doing things that are absolutely illegal in Malaysia. Having said that many are also house keepers or take care of the children of Malaysians how increasingly have both parents work.

Doesn't mean that they are any less beautiful, intelligent, and friendly! In fact I will admit that some of the most beautiful Filipinas I have met were in Malaysia!

You takes your chances! as they say.

My suggestion would be, definitely do you homework before making any investment or permanent move! 

Talk with other expats who are currently or previously have lived in Malaysia, would be the best advice I could offer.

Having said all of that, I still love the country and mostly felt very safe there, not forgetting the most resent number of murders of foreigners in Malaysia, which is considerably less than in the Philippines, although I am sure that there are a great deal less foreigners living there as well.

Papa Carl

Good morning Father Carl,

In this regard, I gave you another name of Father because what you said above is absolutely a sermon on the mount.  

It was obvious that your summary was based on the local street experience well beyond being a naive tourist.

Thank you my friend, well done indeed.......but I want to go with you guys, as long as you still trust me in the morning!

Respectfully -- I'm cheap and easy Jake

• Like 5

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted (edited)
I did love Malaysia, truly a first world country in regards to Health, Transportation, Education etc. and most the people were very friendly,  

Thanks for the detail Carl. I suppose the above is seductive. It's certainly a powerful incentive.

The second home program has no interest for me. The only benefit would be the 10 year visa

but that's not worth the over $100,000 investment required. A visa run to Sadao every 3 months

would be easy. 2 hours by bus and might be fun. Sadao is just inside the Thai border and becoming

like a mini Pattaya servicing Malaysians and Singaporeans.

If you are caught having or accused of having pre marital sex with a Muslim woman....., well just bend over and grab your family jewels, as it may be the last time you have the opportunity!

Now this is really scary and should be enough to frighten the bravest of men. I'll admit it frightens me !

To finish I wouldn't move anywhere unless I'd stayed there for 3 months and that includes the Philippines.

Sorry last quote should be attributed to Papa Carl.

Edited by Classic Dry
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...
chico2663
Posted
Posted

My uncle is in the oil business(building rigs). My aunt married a guy who used to work for my uncle. He is now a structional engineer back in malaysia for a fourth tour.When they had the tsunami; a muslim group came into a restaraunt and said he was an undesirable. He had to eat in the kitchen. Now this man make 250,000 a year but the worst muslim janitor is higher than the best foreigner. My aunt told him now he knows what it's like to be a minority. She is mexican-puerto rican.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Just last week, I struck up a conversation with a Chinese-descent Malaysian who has lived in Toronto for some time.  We touched on the Muslim element, and she herself said that what might seem moderate now might not be moderate for all that long.  Who really knows?

With that doubt, she said she really didn't think she would want to go back and stay.