Marrying A Filipina In The Philippines.

brock
Posted
Posted

Fiance visa is the way to go, Also she can take her son with her, The father cannot stop this, She has complete control over the child if under the age of 7 years,,,,I know this from experience

• Like 2

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Aloha K1!

I asked my mom for some insight, since she and my dad were married in the Philippines. At that time, my dad was a US government contractor and couldn't take my mom with him on his job assignments. My mom stayed in Cebu with her family so she wouldn't be alone. Whenshe became pregnant with me, that was when my parents decided my mom should move to Hawai'i.

Anyhoo...She said that for tourist visas, she just to prove her personal and financial ties. Bank accounts, property deeds, and heck, even my grandfather's health records (cancer=reason to want to come back to be with dad). Mom also said that it helps if you have a clear itinerary for when you visit here. Maybe have refundable plane or broadway tickets?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Unchecked, what year was this? Things change. I don't want to be a downer but I hope this insight you received wasn't from 20 years ago.

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

My wife is going for her K3 interview on October 3rd,  hope she passes. then she is coming to the US for a year or so then we are going back to the Philippines. It is a requirment that either on a K1 or k3 visa that they must stay in the US for  6 months before returning or traveling to any other country. If they return before the 6 month period their VISa will be revoked and they will not be able to return to the US again. Plus they will not be eligible for future VISA considerations from thr United States.

When i went to my interview a few months back they were very clear on this point and brought it up, to make sure i understood , that if she went back before the 6 months that all bets were off and that she would not be able to return..  Pokermike

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Toursit visa not going to happen , too many fiancial restrictions now!   Pokermike

• Like 1

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Robert, this insight was from over 20 years ago. However, my dad's friend's son just got married to a Filipina in Cebu. He and his wife met as med school students at Cebu Doc. Because they still have a couple of years to go before finishing their residency, they've decided to live there for the next few years. They're visiting my dad's friend in VA Beach this Christmas. They applied and were approved for a tourist visa for the wife. Again, she just showed up bringing deeds to the properties she owns, proof of enrollment in med school, bank statements...She just walked in with the attitude that there's no danger of her getting and overstaying her tourist visa because she has a good life in the Philippines. She very clearly showed that her purpose in visiting the US is for fun/spend money, not to make money.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For what its worth, 20 years ago my wife came to the states on a tourist visa, we married in Vegas and got her green card that way. 18 months ago my niece went to the states on a tourist visa, married her boyfriend in Vegas and then applied for and got her green card and is now working in Arizona (nurse naturally lol).

The trick is the ability to get a multi entry tourist visa naturally.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Robert, this insight was from over 20 years ago. However, my dad's friend's son just got married to a Filipina in Cebu. He and his wife met as med school students at Cebu Doc. Because they still have a couple of years to go before finishing their residency, they've decided to live there for the next few years. They're visiting my dad's friend in VA Beach this Christmas. They applied and were approved for a tourist visa for the wife. Again, she just showed up bringing deeds to the properties she owns, proof of enrollment in med school, bank statements...She just walked in with the attitude that there's no danger of her getting and overstaying her tourist visa because she has a good life in the Philippines. She very clearly showed that her purpose in visiting the US is for fun/spend money, not to make money.

Here is my experience with the Tourist Visa for my Filipina spouse http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/19601-united-states-tourist-visa-for-spouse/

It's doable but you have to prepare well for it. It looked to me that about 80% of the people were approved (in line with the previous stories/stats released by the Embassy). 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
ksome1
Posted
Posted

So far so good.... Still with the same Filipina and could not be happier. Just got formally engaged last month when she was finished with the Miss Global Philippines Pageant.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Here is a suggestion: get married in Hong Kong. There is less paperwork and fuss, she does not need a visa, and she will be able to divorce you just as if you had married in the States.  (You as a foreigner can divorce a Filipina in the States if you marry in the Philippines but she cannot divorce you nor can she re-marry if you divorce her - all most unfair imho)  

• Like 1