Throw Away Ticket Needed?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Okay, so bottom line, they will allow me to board the plane even though my return flight is after the visa waiver period?

Some airlines will question this and others wont. The BI say that your onward ticket does not need to be in the visa waiver period but airlines can be confused on this. I was queried once by airline staff but I knew more than them at the time and basically that's what the conversation ended with and away I went.

You can print this attachment and have with you for peace of mind.

post-1-0-48159900-1393314639_thumb.jpg
  • Like 5

dick mammoth
Posted
Posted

Yes, you will need to extend your stay at the airport in The Philippines upon arrival. 

Or he could get the 30 days at airport and extend at immigration after 30 days.

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

9 months ago I flew into the Philippines with a round trip ticket with the return date 6 months later. No problems. Have been doing this for 5 years now

• Like 1

Josef-01
Posted
Posted

Well guys, it's more simple then u may think. Simply buy one way ticket. The day u travel just make a reservation back, return ticket. Its valid for 3 days, so u will be in the system in case they check it. Print it out and u got the prove. It look the same as your ticket, all info u need. Nobody check up if u pay it on the airport and they accept it. Of course your reservation will be canceled automatically once u didn't pay it but that time u are where u want to be. Enjoy ;)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Well guys, it's more simple then u may think. Simply buy one way ticket. The day u travel just make a reservation back, return ticket. Its valid for 3 days, so u will be in the system in case they check it. Print it out and u got the prove. It look the same as your ticket, all info u need. Nobody check up if u pay it on the airport and they accept it. Of course your reservation will be canceled automatically once u didn't pay it but that time u are where u want to be. Enjoy ;)

Airline policies differ, what works for one may not work for another. The OP already has an onward ticket, the question pertains to the departure date being outside the initial tourist entry period. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are always lots of people with lots of ways to beat the system.  It works until the system catches up with you.  That usually happens at the most inopportune moment. 

• Like 2

Josef-01
Posted
Posted

There are always lots of people with lots of ways to beat the system. It works until the system catches up with you. That usually happens at the most inopportune moment.
Don't forget that in this case the reservation gonna be still valid. If u really need it the real ticket then simply pay it in a few seconds and that's it! I'm traveling like that everywhere I need and I never had a problem.

Gary Plant
Posted
Posted

Not sure I am following. You already have a ticket leaving the PI? if so why would you need a throw away.

Yes I do, the airfare I have is round trip.  However it is my understanding the visa waiver period is 30 days and they won't let me board without either a tourist visa or a ticket to an onward destination before the 30 days is up.

Is this incorrect?

you can extend the ticket for 50 dollars if its thru delta if other airlines rice will very

Gary Plant
Posted
Posted

you can also stay up to 59 days now without a visa

MikeB
Posted
Posted

you can also stay up to 59 days now without a visa

Citizens of most countries entering the Philippines as tourists get a 30 day entry permit - no visa required. To extend that you must get a tourist visa, either at the airport upon arrival or a BI office.