Throw Away Ticket Needed?

whodunit
Posted
Posted

Airline policies differ, what works for one may not work for another. The OP already has an onward ticket, the question pertains to the departure date being outside the initial tourist entry period. 

Come to think of it, when I traveled to the philippines a few months ago, they didn't ask me about the length of stay until I was already in the philippines.  So it should be fine?

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was never asked how long I was staying at all. My next R/T ticket is going to have the return as far distant in time as possible. :)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My next R/T ticket is going to have the return as far distant in time as possible.

I believe Robert, Airlines will only give a return date, 360 days in Advance, That's like 11 months.maximum) 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was never asked how long I was staying at all. My next R/T ticket is going to have the return as far distant in time as possible. :)

Just because you were not asked in the past does not mean you will not be asked, as many others have been, in the future.  But I agree with you that its worth the risk, especially if you have a copy of the letter that JGF posted earlier.

• 5 weeks later...
PeterKramer
Posted
Posted

I just scanned the application form for Tourist Visa Extension and converted it to form fillable format using Adobe Acrobat. This allows you to fill in the form using a pdf reader such as Adobe Reader, and if you make a mistake, you can correct it without having to erase or redo the form over again. It's nice and neat when you print it out without having to fill in by hand. I'm not sure if I have credentials to upload but if anyone wants one (free) you can send me a request by PM and I'll email you a copy. BTW, I will be converting the Consolidated General Application Form for Immigrant Visa to an Adobe fillable form in the near future.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I just scanned the application form for Tourist Visa Extension

Just so you know, not every BI office uses the same form.  If an office is using an outdated form then thats the form they use and you will (UNLESS your experience is different from mine and that frequently happens) be required to redo the form in black ink on the form they hand you.  They do not seem to like people taking short cuts.

• Like 2

PeterKramer
Posted
Posted

I will also bring with me a printout of the General Instructions where it specifies, "BI FORM 2014-01-010 Rev 0", as well as a print out from the Main Office which says you can use forms from their web site OR from the local office. From the official Checklist of Documentary Requirements: "Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-01-004 Rev 0)." If they still require a do-over, they will certainly know that I am aware that they're simply wasting everyone's time, though I will be polite.

• Like 2

PeterKramer
Posted
Posted

Your comment about not liking people taking short cuts reminds me of an English woman who worked at the Department of Socia and Family Affairs office in Galway, Ireland. I had applied for my PPSN (equivalent of a US Social Security number). She said I would receive the number in a few days. I know that the number would be assigned the next day, so I asked her the next day for the number. She refused to give it to me and told me to wait for it like everyone else. I then called dublin and politely asked the person what my number was. She gave it to me right over the phone, and in doing so, we went over some details in the application. It because evident that there was a typo in the record. The next day I went back to the office in Galway to correct the record. When the clerk asked my for my PPSN, I gave it to her. The English woman overheard the conversation and then had a fit! "How did you get that number!" Her co-workers shushed her. Apparently they knew she wasn't wrapped too tightly.

• Like 3